McCarthy: Jason Peters has already made us better

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It feels like a special year. Just different.

tenor.gif

visionary

Reaction score
It feels like a special year. Just different.

yeah, this is the first year after many where we haven’t traded any of our famed DL depth for rd 1 picks

I guess we want to bring the talent at the QB “in waves”

Reactions: BAT

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We weren't good enough before we signed him to have his signing not improve this team. I just don't see needing him on the field at LT. That would mean Tyler Smith didn't work out there.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m both scared and excited to sit down and watch Sunday Night’s game. More than any season I can remember, I have NO IDEA what to expect from this team. I haven’t seen anybody play.
I will say I will feel really good if Smith has a great game. Doesnt solve LG problems, but LT problems are much worse to have

817Gill

Reaction score
We weren't good enough before we signed him to have his signing not improve this team. I just don't see needing him on the field at LT. That would mean Tyler Smith didn't work out there.
Or it could mean McGovern played poorly and Tyler slid inside to take over.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I think Peters is a very good fit for Tyler. To me, they are very similar type players and Peters, coming off playing tight end, really had to learn how to be an NFL offensive lineman. Tyron is more like Larry Allen IMO, a bit of an athletic freak who's harder to learn from because normal linemen can't do what they do. Tyler might be more in that athletic freak category, as is Peters to some degree, so I don't want to take away from them. I just don't think Tyron can teach other linemen to just do what he does because very few are like Tyron.