McCarthy: Jason Peters has already made us better

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I appreciate the positivity but I don't think Jason Peters is the cure-all. The lack of quality depth on the Oline is concerning. The BUCS had injuries on their O-line as well but they performed better. Jason Peters is not an offensive line coach and our offensive line has been inconsistent and schematically devolving ever since Bill Callahan left.
I wasn't saying that Peters was the final piece or anything like that. I was just saying he's a great player, and your team can't help but to improve by adding him.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Jeebus ....... How bad were we before Peters showed up if he made us better.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I wasn't saying that Peters was the final piece or anything like that. I was just saying he's a great player, and your team can't help but to improve by adding him.
I was responding to your comment that by adding Peters it says Philbin would have an outstanding offensive line. I was insinuating maybe the issue is Philbin, and Peters will contribute but our offensive line issues go beyond his ability to help. Coaching and sharing experience is one thing, a lack of quality depth is another.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he already improved the team, just imagine how good they will be when he actually plays.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
maybe Peters can lend a hand to Steele, Waletzko and Ball, kinda like help coach them up too

Staubacher

Reaction score
The Oline wasn't that bad Sunday night. In fact they were pretty good.
When you have garbage at QB and WR it ain't on the Oline