Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Actual ma man

Looney gave 1 sack in 2018.
Collins gave up 8
Martin played much less and gave up 3
Connor played the least and gave up 5
Smith gave up 1
Wait... I just added that up. Who is granting only 18 of his 56 sacks to just the oline?
So the rest was from the QB and a few random dudes?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Actual ma man

Looney gave 1 sack in 2018.
Collins gave up 8
Martin played much less and gave up 3
Connor played the least and gave up 5
Smith gave up 1
His pff grade was a 55. Which is bad btw. Maybe he didnt get the credited woth allowing a sack but the o line gave up 56 sacos and dak was only responsible for 11-13 of them. So who gave up the rest of the sacks?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
No surprise........Looney can step in now w/o a learning curve but whether or not he's still starting mid-season is another question.
Seems as though Badass gets a pass this year from needing to start.

I was hoping he could step in early and play but with his injury..too bad.

He will get his chance. Looking forward to him play.

His play in college was very impressive.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Seems as though Badass gets a pass this year from needing to start.

I was hoping he could step in early and play but with his injury..too bad.

He will get his chance. Looking forward to him play.

His play in college was very impressive.
Too early to say mon capitan.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This was already disproven dak was only responsible for about 11 of those sacks. Go look it up. Center and guard were weak

I didn't say Dak holding the ball was all of it, and in fact, I specifically made the point that Dak holding the ball didn't explain it all.

In any case, Dak played a part. 11 isn't insignificant - it accounted for 20% of the sacks …

and, as I said, injuries were a part of it, playing a rookie who wasn't ready for prime time was part of it, playing a backup that was cut from another team was part of it …

and though I didn't mention it before, Tyron Smith and Zach Martin both missed a few games, so LT and RG even played a part in it.

In short, all I was saying is that to be fair we have to acknowledge there was a lot more going on than just Looney being at center.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I didn't say Dak holding the ball was all of it, and in fact, I specifically made the point that Dak holding the ball didn't explain it all.

In any case, Dak played a part. 11 isn't insignificant - it accounted for 20% of the sacks …

and, as I said, injuries were a part of it, playing a rookie who wasn't ready for prime time was part of it, playing a backup that was cut from another team was part of it …

and though I didn't mention it before, Tyron Smith and Zach Martin both missed a few games, so LT and RG even played a part in it.

In short, all I was saying is that to be fair we have to acknowledge there was a lot more going on than just Looney being at center.
The league average for sacks blamed onnthe qb is around 7 i believe

fivetwos

Reaction score
Looney sucked and was a big reason the o line gave up 56 sacks in 2018. Put the kid in there and lets go. I'm tired of coaches so scared of putting rookies in the fire. Mcgovern is going to take the job at LG
Hear that but not w this kind of camp.

Let's see him week 6 maybe.

I dont want Aaron Donald being his maiden voyage!

fivetwos

Reaction score
JMO but Biadasz needs to add some strength.

Let's see what happens.

Obviously we all want to see McG at LG and Biadasz at C for the next decade.

Not sure I want two rookies in there at once from jump street tho.

aria

Reaction score
Not that I'm agreeing with this, but it will be interesting to see Mr. Stats Don't Lie Guy get through this.
You get that stuff from PFF? He pays real money to them, lol.
Just did a quick search, yeah, I used PFF.

aria

Reaction score
Wait... I just added that up. Who is granting only 18 of his 56 sacks to just the oline?
So the rest was from the QB and a few random dudes?
I didn’t go through every back up, rb, te, etc

aria

Reaction score
His pff grade was a 55. Which is bad btw. Maybe he didnt get the credited woth allowing a sack but the o line gave up 56 sacos and dak was only responsible for 11-13 of them. So who gave up the rest of the sacks?
Yeah, I was just about to tell you he did get the lowest PFF grade though by a pretty large margin, see above for the rest of the sacks. Hopefully he’s better with more experience.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Good to post some actual football news for once.

:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

Bad news for on Williams. Good news for McGovern. Probably means McGovern doesn't get consideration at C, though.

I assume Biadasz is taking 2nd team snaps at C.

Simplifies scenarios on the oline a lot. Looks like two two man competitions.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Exactly we already saw this combo and it was trash. Mcgovern and Bada** lets go!

With McGovern having the health edge over Williams, McGovern and Biadasz is looking likely by the end of the year.

Probably will take a while for Biadasz to train up on our scheme at C, but he's certainly gonna get the push over Looney as soon as he's close enough to speed his development.

Williams being a backup would allow him to take backup LT too, making Erving less necessary.

Williams, Looney, and Knight are a nice 3 player backup combo. I'm not a fan of Erving. I'm hoping Hyatt can make a push for a roster spot.

I wonder if Redmond is a consideration at all for C. Doesn't seem like it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
And they were also among the worst in the league in red zone and short yardage plays too. That's not all on Looney, Connor Williams being in there and not strong enough definitely contributed. But there was a huge power and strength dropoff overall with the combination of Looney and Williams out there. Looney is not a strong player and you're not getting a push from him.

Williams started at 21, new to LG. Just not ready for NFL power at LG. He was better last year, but was unlikely to make much progress on power this offseason rehabbing from his knee.

I'm more positive on Williams than most, and thought he was the likely LG this year, but now that I know he's not fully healthy with the knee yet, LG is probably wide open for McGovern. Not quite his to lose, but his to take with a good camp.

aria

Reaction score
Just doesn't seem to add up.
obviously it doesn’t corso, lol. I was just curious how bad he was so I looked up the 5 guys who I believe started the most on the O line and informed Hennessy of what I found. It was quick simple search, I didn’t break it down and go through every player. There could of a guy like homeboy who played at LT that game vs the Falcons in ‘17 and gave up like 6 or 7 sacks.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
McGovern is a road grader. He will be legit at center or guard.

Connor Williams should be the swing tackle. He can be a high end swing tackle.

This year Williams can be, swing G, maybe backup LT. He hasn't been working T for a while, and has never been RT. Just getting him back to playing LT would be a win. Let Knight take RT. He was ok when he played. Should only be better this year.

Maybe Mitch Hyatt might pop up into the T rotation. The big knock on him was a lack of power. A full year of NFL training should have made a big difference.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
JMO but Biadasz needs to add some strength.

Let's see what happens.

Obviously we all want to see McG at LG and Biadasz at C for the next decade.

Not sure I want two rookies in there at once from jump street tho.

The "two rookies" issue will probably keep Biadasz off the field a little extra time, but

I've seen one report on Biadasz hyping his power. But I dunno. Looks just kinda fat below the rib cage. Hope he has the power to play this year.

aria

Reaction score