McCarthy not concerned with lack of free agency moves so far; "We are definitely improving"

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
One thing we have to be careful of is not forgetting this team has won 12 games each of the past three years. It's not like this is a five win team sitting around not trying to get better.

Granted I agree nobody is buying the crap Jerry tries to sell us every offseason. And yes they have done nothing to improve a team that has imploded in the playoffs on a regular basis. But this is still a playoff team on paper.

And before anybody says so, no, I am not being a homer that buys into everything being said. I am frustrated by the lack of free agency activity too. My only point is, let's remember this team is not a disaster. Reading the comments on this forum makes it sound like we have a Dave Campo roster sometimes.

Sydla

Reaction score
One thing we have to be careful of is not forgetting this team has won 12 games each of the past three years. It's not like this is a five win team sitting around not trying to get better.

Granted I agree nobody is buying the crap Jerry tries to sell us every offseason. And yes they have done nothing to improve a team that has imploded in the playoffs on a regular basis. But this is still a playoff team on paper.

And before anybody says so, no, I am not being a homer that buys into everything being said. I am frustrated by the lack of free agency activity too. My only point is, let's remember this team is not a disaster. Reading the comments on this forum makes it sound like we have a Dave Campo roster sometimes.
A 12 win team for three years that has one playoff win.

They need to get better. Much better.

Shannon1

Reaction score
I’ve been a Coach for 33 years you don’t get better the next year when you lose that many players and you dont replace them with their same abilities or better !

Creeper

Reaction score
I think this says just about everything. Their plan is to sit and wait for young players to develop. And if they don't? They let them go. Gallimore is a perfect example of what is wrong with this strategy.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do people expect him to say?

None of this is his decision.
Jones has likely gone over the standard answers McCarthy should give. Coach knows his days are numbered when Jones is not even in the room trying to run interference with someone like Adam Schefter.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
One thing we have to be careful of is not forgetting this team has won 12 games each of the past three years.
I think we have to be careful of living on the 12 wins though too. Honestly outside of the top 2-3 teams and the bottom 2-3 teams in the league I'm not sure the talent differential is that vast in the NFL, and often comes down to who is the healthiest as the year goes on. Two starting Olinemen, 14 sacks from your 2nd string DEs, and an average but your best interior run defender walked out the door and that could be the difference in 8 wins vs 12 IMO.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A 12 win team for three years that has one playoff win.

They need to get better. Much better.
And the front office tells us every year they are better even if they have done little different than what they’ve done in the past. A past which has yielded decent regular season results and almost zero playoff results.

It’s one of the most unbelievable displays of arrogant incompetence in sports history.

Shannon1

Reaction score
No sure how you can improve when you have a net loss of players.
You don’t I won the conference 3 years in the row losing 1 maybe 2 players a year,The 4th year I lost 7 players as you can figure we didn’t do so good the 4th year after losing that many players at once !

Jfconrow

Reaction score
They're not giving him or Dak any help. The writing is on the wall.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the season has been torpedoed already. Just listen to MM repeat the same exact lingo as the Joneses.