News: McCarthy on Aldon Smith Hitting the Wall

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
BPA! Yes, I agree. So anyways, what do you feel is the Cowboys’ most urgent need?

Depends on Dak. If the Cowboys can not work out a deal, then it's QB. If they can, then it's probably LT. On the Defensive side of the ball, it's any number of positions that a case can be made for. Because we don't know what our base defensive alignment will be, I can't answer that question. If we stay in a 43, then I think a very good case can be made for 1Tech but but as we all know, value is added to position so you aren't going to draft a 1Tech in the first round. I don't believe 3Tech is the position we are looking for in the first round so unless it's a transformative talent, I don't see us taking that position. We need a MLB real bad. We don't have that guy who can fill the hole and engage Guards, shed and make the play. We have a bunch of run and chase guys. We need a Free Safety that can ball hawk and tackle. A do it all type guy who brings mental acuity and physicality to the secondary. We need an Ed Reed type player and we also need a Corner that can play in coverage. So really, we need so much on the Defensive side of the ball that there is no one position that I would point out over the rest. I would take best player available on the Defensive side of the ball and that's assuming we stick with the 43. This 52 is a whole other problem and a 34 is a crap show in terms of personnel.

ESisback

Reaction score
Depends on Dak. If the Cowboys can not work out a deal, then it's QB. If they can, then it's probably LT. On the Defensive side of the ball, it's any number of positions that a case can be made for. Because we don't know what our base defensive alignment will be, I can't answer that question. If we stay in a 43, then I think a very good case can be made for 1Tech but but as we all know, value is added to position so you aren't going to draft a 1Tech in the first round. I don't believe 3Tech is the position we are looking for in the first round so unless it's a transformative talent, I don't see us taking that position. We need a MLB real bad. We don't have that guy who can fill the hole and engage Guards, shed and make the play. We have a bunch of run and chase guys. We need a Free Safety that can ball hawk and tackle. A do it all type guy who brings mental acuity and physicality to the secondary. We need an Ed Reed type player and we also need a Corner that can play in coverage. So really, we need so much on the Defensive side of the ball that there is no one position that I would point out over the rest. I would take best player available on the Defensive side of the ball and that's assuming we stick with the 43. This 52 is a whole other problem and a 34 is a crap show in terms of personnel.

Yeah, I’d rather have a 4-3 base with different looks on occasion. Don’t care for the 3-4, and HATE all the 5-2.