McCarthy on Lance: He's close to being a master of the system

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Or perhaps the Mad Genius master plan is using the media to pressure Prescott and his agent into compromising more than they want in any future contract negotiations. It would not be the first time for him or any other front office for that matter.
There might even be two sides to the plan, they might also be throwing out a sales pitch to see if they can increase Lance's trade value.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I've got to admit I'm encouraged to see that MM is enthused about Lance's chances for achieving his goals with the Cowboys.
It might, potentially, serve to become the needed salve to heal the wounds for years of this team's offensive miscues!! :thumbup:

Last edited:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
There might even be two sides to the plan, they might also be throwing out a sales pitch to see if they can increase Lance's trade value.
This makes no sense since no one is going to trade for Lance since they know he’ll be a free agent next year. If the Cowboys don’t really want him, they’re not going to make an offer to him which he’ll just accept to trade him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I've got to admit I'm encouraged to see that MM is enthused about Lance's chances for achieving his goals with the Cowboys.
It might, potentially, serve to become the needed salve to heal the wounds for years of this team's offensive miscues!! :thumbup:
:facepalm:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Again the HC on his last year with no extension is giving praise to the Owner/GM's rogue traded QB...nothing questionable about this at all...Both QB's are FA's next year, no team in their right mind would trade for them right now, the GM played himself into a QB corner...period.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Apparently, you're not receptive to anything that suggests positive feedback about Trey Lance. Sorry if I don't see it as a mortal sin! :rolleyes:
Ok, proof is in the pudding. That's what everyone asks for all the time. Everything else is just empty stats and reports.

Not a mortal sin. But year 4 and people are hanging on to a straw in the middle of ocean, In a storm and get upset when somebody says it's not looking good and they come back with, it's a straw, it floats

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Apparently, you're not receptive to anything that suggests positive feedback about Trey Lance. Sorry if I don't see it as a mortal sin! :rolleyes:
The Lance haters are going to be hating life soon.

Why pay Dak mega millions when they have the kid?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Yes.

Watching Jerry Man-Cry in his empty stadium was brutal.

And who caused the stadium to empty in the 3rd qtr?

of course Dak wants to act like nothing happened.

That’s why they are giving Lance all the praise.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Ok, proof is in the pudding. That's what everyone asks for all the time. Everything else is just empty stats and reports.

Not a mortal sin. But year 4 and people are hanging on to a straw in the middle of ocean, In a storm and get upset when somebody says it's not looking good and they come back with, it's a straw, it floats
If Lance isn't able to cut the mustard with the Cowboys, most of us will very likely see it for what it is.

That's what the coming TC and preseason is for. Many current fans see Dak as a floating straw, too.

Of course, that may or may or may not prove to be completely true, beyond any doubts, whatsoever.

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Why would they want to trade Lance?

They need to replace Dak.
Last I heard the word was they wanted to sign Dak. Personally I have no inside info either way, so your guess is as good as mine.
I don't think they know what they're gonna do, but if I had to guess I suspect they'll sign Dak.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
mm put his foot in his mouth on this one. No way trey has mastered anything yet.

Shane612

Reaction score
If Lance is doing well enough to ignite a QB controversy, it’s a good thing.
A little QB competition is good for the team…..and for Dak.
:cool::thumbup::cool: