McCarthy on Lance: He's close to being a master of the system

zekecowboy

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see the fallout, heart ache and nonstop criticism from anti-Dakkers when Trance gets relegated to the sidelines watching Dak once the regular season starts.
I just enjoy reading the love Dakkers. His playoff performance is just outstanding.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I don't know, but he's not starting unless Dak gets hurt. Do you want to be McCarthy answering questions after the game as to why he started Lance in a 28-6 loss to Cleveland in week 1? What would compel BigMac to start Lance?
Gonna be more like pulling Dak after being down 28-6.
Myles Garrett might solve a lot of problems for the Jones boys by ripping off Dak's helmet with thechin strap still attached.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
News Flash : Dak has not signed, nor will sign with the Cowboys . Jones said Sayonara loser ! Even CBS SPORTS today has an article pointing out its time for the Boys' to move on . Who do you think tipped the reporter ??

lmaooo Davidians keep praying to no avail
I think the Cowboys should commit to Lance right now. I know, and indicated, a contract for Prescott from the Cowboys is not forthcoming.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I think you are reading to much into this. Your hatred of Dak blinds you to the reality.

They are also saying Zeke looks great....
This. Unless Dak misses games due to injury I don't see much change anytime soon.

And remember their (FO) true goal. They will stay "relevant", so no change is needed in Jerry's mind.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Then there's no point to this thread is my point. You don't hype up a backup QB or third string, but I guess that's what they're doing for reasons.

Maybe they are trying to get Dak to sign a team friendly deal, I have no idea, even though that won't work.
Yep. C/mon Mike (or more appropriate, the Jones puppeteers), stop with this transparent "we love Lance". It's not fooling the fans.....and it certainly ain't fooling France.

That comment's just making the FO look desperate/foolish (delete as appropriate)..... you're not cutting Dak, so stop trying to look hard. At this point get behind Dak and play out the season.

Qcard

Reaction score
Yep. C/mon Mike (or more appropriate, the Jones puppeteers), stop with this transparent "we love Lance". It's not fooling the fans.....and it certainly ain't fooling France.
Bars!!! :bow:
That comment's just making the FO look desperate/foolish (delete as appropriate)..... you're not cutting Dak, so stop trying to look hard. At this point get behind Dak and play out the season.
Stop wasting your time with Dak Haters.

Dak Hater's Cooping mechanisms are Rushed narratives declaring Lance gives us the best chance to get to the dance.

Trey entendre!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Oh Oh some folks are starting to sweat around here.
First no extension and now this...................... :muttley:
Crazy how intimidated they are about a QB with 4 starts.

It's times like this when they really show how much they believe in their loser QB.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He’s not even under contract in 2025
That's my problem. I like to see a guy develop, but not in a contract year.
What are we supposed to do if he improves, franchise him in 2025?

Guess we get a better comp pick out of the deal. Beats a sharp stick in the eye.

But I'd rather be giving preseason games to a QB we had under contract for 2025.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This is hilarious... i just want to make sure I'm following along, if you like the player this FO's says is "In the best shape of their life" they are telling the truth but if you dont like the player its more of the same....@DallasEast yup hopium is a helluva drug, apparently it makes you forget 30 years when its supporting a post you have..lol

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Frankly, I don't see how Trey Lance is going to improve much unless he plays in Games.
Maybe MM got the word to sing Lance's praises from Jerruh to increase his trade value.

Proof

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean. "When else?" What?

I replied to a comment suggesting IF Lance were named starter, he would somehow be entitled to a higher salary.
Also, I mentioned benching Dak, hypothetically, would most likely incline him to waive his NTC that everyone seems to think is written in stone. I gave two examples of high priced QBs being benched recently.

When jumping into a conversation, it's best to go back to where that conversation began. Otherwise, you're just going to look like you're picking a fight on the internet.
To which the innocent feels obligated to defend themselves as the instigator instigates the other guy
to eventually be locked out, or even benched. Removing him from the conversation he was having with decent people. This has happened too many times to me recently.
that’s a whole lot of passive aggressive typing. “when else” have teams benched 100 million dollar qbs. its a rarity. we happen to have two high profile recent cases, (and wentz) i was genuinely asking when else had it happened? there was no need for me to back and read because i read the entire thread and was looking to co time the conversation. might want to lighten up

RoboQB

Reaction score
that’s a whole lot of passive aggressive typing. “when else” have teams benched 100 million dollar qbs. its a rarity. we happen to have two high profile recent cases, (and wentz) i was genuinely asking when else had it happened? there was no need for me to back and read because i read the entire thread and was looking to co time the conversation. might want to lighten up
How many more examples does there need to be?
Two in the last two years seemed sufficient in making my point.
You added Wentz. It appears you're arguing against yourself. There are only 32 jobs available. It's about to get even less "rare" with the way contracts have been written recently. Owners must consider cutting their losses.

Lately, it seems as though several member's sole goal is to pick fights, wait for some retaliation that technically breaks a rule such as "insulting" and guys like me get locked out. I'm trying to keep my guard up. I've been locked out for some really odd interpretations of that rule.

Ex: Insulting: calling a member a chiwawa and stating they're "not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Both worthy of lockouts and benchings.
Apparently it's tough to decipher what is considered "antagonistic" but "insulting" is covered with a very wide brush. I'll try to do better.

Last edited: