Twitter: McCarthy on letting the clock run down to :03

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He verbatim said the team was getting penalties and didn’t trust the team. Regardless of how people feel about Dak he’s not throwing picks in the redzone. That’s not where all those picks came from last year.
He was taking unnecessary sacks last night though, and that would've killed any chance for a FG. That's just one of the things that worried me. I was still hoping they'd take one shot, but I wasn't upset that they didn't.

spice

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You don't understand the flow of the game. That scenario was not about the QB. It was about not getting a penalty on that last play and losing your chance of getting any points. A penalty would have ended the half.
You still had a timeout to prevent any runoff of time. A penalty still leaves you a very makable field goal

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m telling you you’re totally wrong he didn’t have confidence in a mistake not happening by the other players on this team like the TEs. And wrs. The OL etc. sorry dude you’re absolutely off-base even though you’re on track there is a reason you don’t want to mistake to happen a bad snap offensive line letting somebody throw in a free run and hit the quarterback and it fumbles receivers running the wrong routes in the ball getting tipped or not copy it happen all the time last year this year be pretty common in the dark and we have no run game and I’m running back to not really block sell. Yes he didn’t trust that a mistake it happened with very little time on the clock it’s critical that everything goes perfect in this team around Prescott has not been perfect dick this year do you want me to line is not good you’re not consistent the running backs turn off consistent especially with the blocking the white receivers balls constantly bounce off of them. Yes he didn’t trust that a mistake it happened with very little time on the clock it’s critical that everything goes perfect in this team around Prescott has not been perfect yet this year do you want me to line is not good you’re not consistent turn off consistent especially with the blocking the white receivers both constantly bounce off of them he cannot trust his outfit he fully trust Prescott Prescott actually was the player on our team that carried our team ended up being leading both passed Hebron football team so yeah I talk to the quarterback you don’t trust him dude you need to get a clue because you’re a clueless troll but keep on driving up false narrative

Without Prescott we lose the game cooper rush under Tarth much pressure absolutely losses that game. It’s very difficult to play quarterback when you don’t have a run game you’re one dimension of your lines not playing well and your receivers are constantly covered or when you try to do it to them intake cover to bounces off their chest or their hands and you have problems yes you’re right didn’t trust the app it had nothing to do with the quarterback
Stop talking like you have insight into McCarthy's mind. You have no more knowledge of his reasoning than anyone else has. What a coach says openly is very often not what he really thinks, other than Bill Parcells.

doomsday808

Reaction score
You take a shot. If it is not there within 3-5 seconds, throw it out of bounds, stop the clock and kick a field goal.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I believe they were unaware that the clock was running.
Unless you mean earlier, the clock was mistakenly stopped at :08, without MM calling a TO. He told the official to let it wind down to :03...so no, at that point it wasn't running.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
A SMART coach looks at how a game is going and reacts to it. We were getting a lot of flags; and the D was playing well and Dak was playing well but not lighting it up and our Running game was frankly the pits.

PUT that all together and I really do not have a problem with that decision
I don't have a problem with it either.
I will never 2nd guess a coach after a win.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Right, but how many times did Dak not throw it away last night, and end up taking a sack? Several.
That's a very real issue with Dak. Like you said, there were several times Dak should've thrown the ball away but he holds onto the ball, takes the sack and loses the yards. I kept screaming at the TV Get rid of the ball DAK!!! LOL He didn't listen. LOL

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He was taking unnecessary sacks last night though, and that would've killed any chance for a FG. That's just one of the things that worried me. I was still hoping they'd take one shot, but I wasn't upset that they didn't.
If he took a sack in the redzone that would not kick you out of field goal range.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's a very real issue with Dak. Like you said, there were several times Dak should've thrown the ball away but he holds onto the ball, takes the sack and loses the yards. I kept screaming at the TV Get rid of the ball DAK!!! LOL He didn't listen. LOL
Yeah but you take the good with the bad. Had Dak threw the ball away on that Pollard play it would've never happened.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
You should have screamed louder.

Tommy

Reaction score
You still had a timeout to prevent any runoff of time. A penalty still leaves you a very makable field goal
I keep hearing we had a timeout left. I went back and looked at the game stats. We used all 3 timeouts in the 2nd quarter. The timeout used to stop the clock at 3 seconds was the last one. Maybe it was showing incorrectly on tv that we had 2 left but from the game stats I see we didn’t.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I keep hearing we had a timeout left. I went back and looked at the game stats. We used all 3 timeouts in the 2nd quarter. The timeout used to stop the clock at 3 seconds was the last one. Maybe it was showing incorrectly on tv that we had 2 left but from the game stats I see we didn’t.
If you use the timeout at 8 seconds you take the shot in the endzone.