McCarthy on tripping penalty, second-down throw

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What was she looking at? How do you see a Cowboys player get tripped and thinks to yourself oh he just tripped someone else? It makes you wonder if she's even qualified for that job or if she just got it because she's female. Either way I hope she's on thin ice from here on out. That was absolutely inexcusable. And the whole crew is getting slammed because of that call. Maybe next time she'll pay attention and not make **** up.
There were other refs there and no one overrided her call. She made a mistake. The weak prior we saw men watch a cornerback pull LAmb's pants off and missed the call. Missing a tripping call isn't the most egregious blown call we've seen.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Must be time for the justice league of super hero K@%en's and Kevins to emerge again..
R.287372a6441acc4a513e60abcdc8d47c
I mean a stupid comment is a stupid comment. If it makes you a Kevin or a Karen to point out stupidity then so be it lol.

J_Allen

Reaction score
There were other refs there and no one overrided her call. She made a mistake. The weak prior we saw men watch a cornerback pull LAmb's pants off and missed the call. Missing a tripping call isn't the most egregious blown call we've seen.
Yeah but they shouldn't have to override her call when it comes to something that egregious. I have never seen somebody get tripped and think to myself "oh they just tripped somebody else! How dare them!" She does not need to be a ref and it's her fault the whole nation is angry at the crew. Maybe next game she'll do her job. But they're not going to be in the playoffs because of her. That's why you don't give jobs to People based on appearance. You based it on merit. She has none.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And since they made that call they're getting raked over the coals on the two-point conversion. Serves them right. That's why I said I don't care if all this outrage is unjust. They absolutely deserve it.
Fair enough. They never would have been in position to mess up the two-point conversion if not for the phantom tripping call.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Fair enough. They never would have been in position to mess up the two-point conversion if not for the phantom tripping call.
Exactly. I hope she remembers that for the rest of her career pretending to be a referee.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Yeah but they shouldn't have to override her call when it comes to something that egregious. I have never seen somebody get tripped and think to myself "oh they just tripped somebody else! How dare them!" She does not need to be a ref and it's her fault the whole nation is angry at the crew. Maybe next game she'll do her job. But they're not going to be in the playoffs because of her. That's why you don't give jobs to People based on appearance. You based it on merit. She has none.
I'm assuming since the teams were wearing the same color pants, she saw a tripping attempt and thought it was the offensive player. There's no excuse for it, but that's what I assume.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Thats the mindboggling thing... no one is really talking about the tripping call on the WRONG TEAM just the 2pt being called back. Take that penalty off the board or call it correctly and if I am not mistaken we have 1st down then we are kneeling at that point.
Exactly. And it was a clear mistake that should have been corrected on the field. If corrected then game over likely. But yet they let it go and lions get it back and score. Then the mix up on the 2 point was sketchy. Very strange indeed…

gimmesix

Reaction score
Let's not derail this thread or cause it to be closed by making it about the official being female, please.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I'm assuming since the teams were wearing the same color pants, she saw a tripping attempt and thought it was the offensive player. There's no excuse for it, but that's what I assume.

That's what I assume too and she doesn't even know to look at the shirts instead of the pants if both of the pants are the same. Well it should cost that crew some money because they were going to ref in the playoffs. Maybe next time she'll start looking at shirts instead of seeing something and making it up. Because she was just guessing.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
They didn't miss that call, they refused to throw the flag.

gimmesix

Reaction score
That's what I assume too and she doesn't even know to look at the shirts instead of the pants if both of the pants are the same. Well it should cost that crew some money because they were going to ref in the playoffs. Maybe next time she'll start looking at shirts instead of seeing something and making it up. Because she was just guessing.
I'm not sure before those calls that that crew should have been working the playoffs. It may be a good thing for us that they made those bad calls and we still won because we won't have to worry about them screwing up our playoff game(s).

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
An obvious mistake should be fixed by a ref in the both!

The ref in the both can immediately see the tripping was called on the wrong player. Call down and tell the head official to pickup the flag! Why is this so complicated to the NFL!!!

Staubacher

Reaction score
I wasn't mad at the throw, just that it was such a low percentage shot.
Yes it should have been like the 1st and 3rd down throws, safe and short to pick up some yards and keep the clock moving. McCarthy is saying that was the plan.

Dak should have checked it down and if nothing was there, tuck it and run and slide in bounds to keep the clock moving. That blunder is on him and it could have cost the game.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I'm not sure before those calls that that crew should have been working the playoffs. It may be a good thing for us that they made those bad calls and we still won because we won't have to worry about them screwing up our playoff game(s).
I think you're right and I think every crew has been put on notice. They're going to get blasted in the media if they screw up their jobs which they don't seem to take seriously and are under the impression that everybody pays money to go to games and Tunes in on the television to watch them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is insane. You have no idea if she was qualified. She made a bad call lol. It's not this serious. And my point is....the call wasn't as clear as it was to us on replay if no one came in and overrides her call.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I luv the idea of a head ref in the booth for every NFL game. Change must come next year.