McCarthy on tripping penalty, second-down throw

silvernblu

Reaction score
Thats the mindboggling thing... no one is really talking about the tripping call on the WRONG TEAM just the 2pt being called back. Take that penalty off the board or call it correctly and if I am not mistaken we have 1st down then we are kneeling at that point.
And it was a 37 yard penalty as it turned out.

Minus 7 on negated play
Minus 15 for penalty
15 yards that should have went the other way

JustChip

Reaction score
It's funny that some think a woman can't make bad calls just as well as a man can. If all of the male officials never missed a call and only female officials did, there would be a good argument, but that's not the case. She just happened to be the one who missed that one.
Right. Honestly, the fact that she’s a woman probably causes her to be more cognizant of getting the calls correct. She’s in a male dominated profession and probably feels she has to work harder or outperform her male counterparts.

I have zero issue with female officials here. But neither will I shy aware from critiquing a bad call because she’s a female. She blew it. It had nothing to do with being male or female. IIRC, the official responsible for the non-call in the Rams-Saints NFCCG was a male.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
And it was a 37 yard penalty as it turned out.

Minus 7 on negated play
Minus 15 for penalty
15 yards that should have went the other way
Worst case scenario if they had called it right, we would have been at the 7 yd line an ran 3 straight times, kicked the Fg and given them the ball back at their 25 yd line with a 7pt lead no TOs and less than 40 seconds on the clock to go 75 yds...less likely they score than going 75 yds in 1:40.

J_Allen

Reaction score
until we win a SB this craziness will go on. The mental gymnastics are nuts with some fans. Its extremely hard to win 12 games in this league, let alone, 3 years in a row.
There's nothing crazy about not being satisfied with getting 12 wins for 3 years straight when the majority of those wins are against teams under .500 and then exiting the playoffs early. It's also not crazy to expect coaches to learn from their mistakes when it comes to simple clock management and prevent defense that never works. We deserve better as fans. How much longer do we have to wait until we at least get to the NFC championship? It's been 28 years.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Right. Honestly, the fact that she’s a woman probably causes her to be more cognizant of getting the calls correct. She’s in a male dominated profession and probably feels she has to work harder or outperform her male counterparts.

I have zero issue with female officials here. But neither will I shy aware from critiquing a bad call because she’s a female. She blew it. It had nothing to do with being male or female. IIRC, the official responsible for the non-call in the Rams-Saints NFCCG was a male.
I don't have a problem either but I want the best officials on the field. If that's a woman then great, I'm happy for her. But you can't make up calls like that. One more and she needs to be canned.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I don't have a problem either but I want the best officials on the field. If that's a woman then great, I'm happy for her. But you can't make up calls like that. One more and she needs to be canned.
Then they should have fired all the refs when they called it twice on Frederick against the Patriots?

Rayman70

Reaction score
There's nothing crazy about not being satisfied with getting 12 wins for 3 years straight when the majority of those wins are against teams under .500 and then exiting the playoffs early. It's also not crazy to expect coaches to learn from their mistakes when it comes to simple clock management and prevent defense that never works. We deserve better as fans. How much longer do we have to wait until we at least get to the NFC championship? It's been 28 years.
Hey I'm with ya. But let's enjoy the journey at least.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't understand why it's insane. The game was over until she stepped in and guessed who got tripped. Usually when I see someone's legs sticking out and then I see another one tumbling over I can determine who did the tripping. So she can't make that determination then no she's not qualified.
It's insane that you think that are shouldn't override a mistake if they are wrong.....the game is going a million miles per hour.