Twitter: McCarthy Player Updates: Lewis, Wilson, Cooks (sprained MCL), Tyler Smith

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'm glad I know where to come when I can't get in to see my doctor, but now I'm scared because I think I'd be prematurely pronounced dead.

blueblood70

Reaction score

look in my humble opinion anybody that there's even a slight question just sit them this week this is a long 17 game season and I rather see guys have extra time that they may or may not need this is too early in the season to put anybody on the field that doesn't need to be there.... And in my opinion you give some of them offensive lineman some of the other players some more reps in live action it's gonna help us down the road..

blueblood70

Reaction score
You can make excuses but CeeDee and Cooks had no problems in the rain. Dak’s passes were on the money. Like I said I have to see it to believe it.
Well I think maybe you're discounting the fact that not everybody could be considered what like you see horses called mutters something just dry better in wet weather is NASCAR and all that kind of stuff some guys can just play in the weather better than others.. This was game one this was without preseason this was outdoors on a strange field in the rain so you gotta give them the benefit of the doubt because I watched Ferguson and preseason in dry weather and I watched him last year catch just about everything thrown his way whether it was on target or not now hendershot he had a problem last year with the tip ball interception and we've seen some drops so I don't know this might be jarwin 2.0.. He will give it and he will taketh away lol

oh and by the way I think Schoonmakers foot is why they probably didn't play him or it was a numbers game but I think he's gonna be the guy you can truly consider the hands guy out of all the tight ends.. So for sure if hendershot keeps doing what he's been doing he's gonna lose his job to schoonmaker...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Literally the definition of depth lol. We need him for depth. One of the three goes down and we see what happened last year.

Fwiw made an amazing pick on the play he got hurt.
Exactly, he is nothing but slot corner depth. No reason to be hailing his return. He will play little other than when someone gets hurt or to spell Brand.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Welp, there goes the over the top speed we read about all offseason.
Dude it's a very mild spring and it's a one week injury if that I'd rather him sit out but this is for precautionary reasons let's not make a giant deal out of this.. You want to substitute his speed send deuce Vaughn and Turpin out into some patterns.. Turpin may not be the wide receiver that cooks is but he's got the speed to take the top off of defense even if it is just a decoy..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You can make excuses but CeeDee and Cooks had no problems in the rain. Dak’s passes were on the money. Like I said I have to see it to believe it.
To believe what? Dropping a pass or two in the pouring rain is no big deal whether anyone else did or not. And it certainly doesnt wipe out the great catches we have already seen from last year.

You want to get all bent, by my guest.

Its almost as laughable as fans getting bent that our offense struggled against the #1 defense in the NFL, on the road with only Zeke as the back and Lamb to throw to.

817Gill

Reaction score
Exactly, he is nothing but slot corner depth. No reason to be hailing his return. He will play little other than when someone gets hurt or to spell Brand.
I’d hail the return of legit depth any day of the week. Certainly a chance one of these top 3 guys misses games. It’s the difference between Kelvin Joseph in Jacksonville having to play. Can cost you games, sending, etc.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sprained MCL can take 3+ weeks to heal? Hopefully Cooks is not out for an extended amount of time.
Actually if you read further it's a grade one super miner smallest of all the grades it is barely a one week injury if that they say it's not a multiple week injury so OK doctor I've already read a bunch of this about what grade it was and they were saying he sets out a week he should be even better but he could play on it...MILD GRADE ONE SPRAIN.. not a tear

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't know if its just me but Tyler Smith looks lean and mean compared to his rookie year.
Actually you're just now noticing this this guy is built not exactly like but a lot like tyron Smith that's why people are excited about his future..

rambo2

Reaction score
I agree I would sit him but I am not sure Tolbert and the tight ends can handle the Jets defense. I wish I had more belief in those guys. Hendershot has dropped some big passes the last few games he has played.
The Cowboys are scary good.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Well I think maybe you're discounting the fact that not everybody could be considered what like you see horses called mutters something just dry better in wet weather is NASCAR and all that kind of stuff some guys can just play in the weather better than others.. This was game one this was without preseason this was outdoors on a strange field in the rain so you gotta give them the benefit of the doubt because I watched Ferguson and preseason in dry weather and I watched him last year catch just about everything thrown his way whether it was on target or not now hendershot he had a problem last year with the tip ball interception and we've seen some drops so I don't know this might be jarwin 2.0.. He will give it and he will taketh away lol

oh and by the way I think Schoonmakers foot is why they probably didn't play him or it was a numbers game but I think he's gonna be the guy you can truly consider the hands guy out of all the tight ends.. So for sure if hendershot keeps doing what he's been doing he's gonna lose his job to schoonmaker...
I think Schoonmaker will be the 2nd tight end very soon. You are right on about the foot. I also have to remember there is a reason the drafted Schoon in the 2nd. They don’t fully trust their tight end room.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think Schoonmaker will be the 2nd tight end very soon. You are right on about the foot. I also have to remember there is a reason the drafted Schoon in the 2nd. They don’t fully trust their tight end room.
Most likely see his debut Sunday.. His blocking ability alone and sure hands even if it's only three yards and a cloud of dust are gonna help in a game like this

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys are scary good.
Yes sir. You know whose defense the Jets remind me of? The Eagles of last season. Dak had his best game of the season against them passing at Jerry’s building.