Twitter: McCarthy Player Updates: Lewis, Wilson, Cooks (sprained MCL), Tyler Smith

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes sir. You know whose defense the Jets remind me of? The Eagles of last season. Dak had his best game of the season against them passing at Jerry’s building.
Yeah but the difference there was that game the offense had a lot of issues gave us short fields quick turnarounds put the Eagles defense in a bind,,, I don't remember everything from that game but I just remember it wasn't jalen hurts and their quarterback was turning the ball over.. I also don't think they had much of a run game these guys got about two to four running backs that can tote the rock make big plays I don't know if that's gonna be the same... I understand what you're saying cause even after the pick six he lit it up but the game flow had something to do with that...

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If Cooks sprained his knee during Sunday's game and continued to play through it my guess is it's a minor sprain. I think he'll practice light this week (if at all) and play Sunday in a limited role. Might be time to get a look at Jalen Tolbert in some more packages.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yeah but the difference there was that game the offense had a lot of issues gave us short fields quick turnarounds put the Eagles defense in a bind,,, I don't remember everything from that game but I just remember it wasn't jalen hurts and their quarterback was turning the ball over.. I also don't think they had much of a run game these guys got about two to four running backs that can tote the rock make big plays I don't know if that's gonna be the same... I understand what you're saying cause even after the pick six he lit it up but the game flow had something to do with that...
Dak 27-35 347 yards 3 touchdowns 1 int. Have faith my brother. This is a different team than Garrett Cowboys. I noticed the national talk shows are trying to talk down about the Cowboys as well. I wish Rodgers was healthy. That is how confident I am for Sunday. I think the Jets have a top 3 defense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak 27-35 347 yards 3 touchdowns 1 int. Have faith my brother. This is a different team than Garrett Cowboys. I noticed the national talk shows are trying to talk down about the Cowboys as well. I wish Rodgers was healthy. That is how confident I am for Sunday. I think the Jets have a top 3 defense.
Look man I hate keeping doing this but every time you cite something good I'm gonna remind you that since that game he met the Washington commanders in the last game of the season and the 49ers both have those type of defenses and he didn't look like that what you just describing... You know why because their offense didn't just completely crap their pants they just played conservative and let you make the mistakes that they force you to feel like without a blitz with a four to five man line they can both shut the run down and play Max coverage on the back end they dirty up the field.

All I'm saying is this is another defense like that.. We have not seen this offense nor have we seen Prescott play a defense like this since those last two losses against those type of defenses... So we'll be watching in anticipation on how this works indoors at home no weather... No excuses....:popcorn:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Good thing it is only week 2. Cooks will be back soon enough and the team should have enough wins to keep them in the hunt for the NFC.
Cowboys would be smart to place Brandin Cooks on temporary 4 week IR and let his sprained MCL heal properly. Go sign old vet T.Y. Hilton for that loss of time. Hilton still has some speed which he showed at the end of last season.

rambo2

Reaction score
Cowboys would be smart to place Brandin Cooks on temporary 4 week IR and let his sprained MCL heal properly. Go sign old vet T.Y. Hilton for that loss of time. Hilton still has some speed which he showed at the end of last season.
The Cowboys have a deep roster and do not need to add another player at this time. If Cooks is inactive, they simply activate Brooks and give Tolbert and Turpin more snaps.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Reports are it’s a grade 1 strain.
In general, almost all Grade I strains heal within a few weeks, whereas Grade II strains may take two to three months or longer. After surgery to repair a Grade III strain, most people regain normal muscle function after several months of rehabilitation.Mar 15, 2023
https://www.health.harvard.edu › m...

Muscle Strain - Harvard Health

It would be smart if the Cowboys put Brandin Cooks on short term 4 week IR and gave his Grade 1 strained MCL time to heal properly. For his temporary replacement, Cowboys should bring back old vet T.Y. Hilton. He played well for us late last season and proved he still has some speed and ability in his legs.​

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys have a deep roster and do not need to add another player at this time. If Cooks is inactive, they simply activate Brooks and give Tolbert and Turpin more snaps.
Those 3 don't have speed needed to help stretch the field to help CeeDee get open underneath.

HungryLion

Reaction score
In general, almost all Grade I strains heal within a few weeks, whereas Grade II strains may take two to three months or longer. After surgery to repair a Grade III strain, most people regain normal muscle function after several months of rehabilitation.Mar 15, 2023
https://www.health.harvard.edu › m...

Muscle Strain - Harvard Health

It would be smart if the Cowboys put Brandin Cooks on short term 4 week IR and gave his Grade 1 strained MCL time to heal properly. For his temporary replacement, Cowboys should bring back old vet T.Y. Hilton. He played well for us late last season and proved he still has some speed and ability in his legs.​

This is why we have Jalen Tolbert. Let cooks take a few games off to get back to 100%.

Tolberts opportunity to shine.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I always get a chuckle when someone with no experience at all and with zero facts about a situation thinks they know better than the professionals who have all the facts at their disposal.

CoachD

Reaction score
When Lewis is healthy he'll be great trade bait because he's a good player but he's one of the guys on that defense that is on the outside looking in since Bland has basically taken over as the slot corner. Give me another o-lineman because that's where we need depth.

glimmerman

Reaction score
look in my humble opinion anybody that there's even a slight question just sit them this week this is a long 17 game season and I rather see guys have extra time that they may or may not need this is too early in the season to put anybody on the field that doesn't need to be there.... And in my opinion you give some of them offensive lineman some of the other players some more reps in live action it's gonna help us down the road..
We did good without Tyler last week. If Tyler is healthy then we can work him in and get him up to game speed. With Cooks I don’t like hearing anything with MCL or ACL issues. I hope but dont count on us jumping out on jets and beating them down like giants game. But if we do then I would really like to see Dak and starting O-Line and some Defensive players sitting out 4th quarter. A great chance to get depth players quality snaps. But keeping Parsons out is not easy. Was he playing in the 4th last week.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think Schoonmaker will be the 2nd tight end very soon. You are right on about the foot. I also have to remember there is a reason the drafted Schoon in the 2nd. They don’t fully trust their tight end room
Like to see Luepke get out there also.

exciter

Reaction score
Fourth corner is important depth, unless you like the thought of Scott or Igbinoghene being the third corner if one of the top three goes out.
Who said it wasn’t? Nor does it change the fact that Lewis play was on the downside even prior to the injury and that Bland probably should have already been awarded the slot position due to fairly poor play by Lewis.

exciter

Reaction score
Losing him and brown were a big reason why all the sudden our pass rush looked not as lethal, teams were getting the ball out quicker. Bland was a hidden gem and maybe that injury was a blessing in disguise cause that dude hunts for the ball, but JLew was pretty good too, having him back will help at nickle position, if hes back to form as a big if. FWIW JL had a 78 QBR given up and Bland was 82 or something, so very close.
Lewis was showing decline in skills even prior to the injury!