1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

McCarthy QB School

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by FanSince71, Jan 10, 2020.

1. FanSince71

FanSince71 Well-Known Member

122 Messages
    312 Likes Received

There’s some useless Favre vs Rodgers comparison stuff, but starting at 0:55 there is a nice segment about McCarthy’s development of QB’s. I like the sound of it.

2. black label

black label Well-Known Member

3,756 Messages
    6,362 Likes Received
    Man I like the signing but Dak is still a scrub that will never win a an unfortunately. Dak dreams he can play a fifth of Rodgers

3. Dak_Attack_09

Dak_Attack_09 Well-Known Member

1,764 Messages
    1,470 Likes Received

Good enough for 5,000 yds and 30 TDs, if Dak had Rodgers’s defense things would be lot different.

4. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

19,435 Messages
    16,075 Likes Received
    Why can’t people simply think Dak isn’t the right guy without this kind of nonsensical exaggeration? Of course Dak isn’t as good as Rodgers, but a scrub? 306 passing yards and 27 points per game worth of scrub? The standard isn’t either elite like Rodgers or scrub, with nothing in between.

JBond, AlienBoy, BigStar and 37 others like this.
  5. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

34,193 Messages
    27,412 Likes Received
    I’m convinced when you get a post Iike that it’s a Wentz or Eagles fan. I think we’ve had a bunch come on this site site since their own site isn’t worth a damn.

6. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

18,346 Messages
    20,988 Likes Received
    Rodgers isn't as great as he has been in the past. He has declined each year since around 4 years ago. I'm not sure if he is elite anymore

7. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

19,435 Messages
    16,075 Likes Received
    Maybe, but I think there are Cowboy fans like that. And really fans of any team. They only seem to see the extremes - things have to be all the way one way or all the way the other.

8. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

34,193 Messages
    27,412 Likes Received
    What’s crazy is I never see them in real life. They never say this stuff in real life they say it behind a computer because they know people will think they are stupid if they say it out loud.

Nav22, RamziD, Pantone282C and 7 others like this.
  9. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

19,435 Messages
    16,075 Likes Received
    That’s an interesting comment - and true. I never hear people say things like that in person either.

10. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

19,514 Messages
    17,127 Likes Received
    Dak is already a great QB but I think McCarthy’s QB school will put him in the top 5 this year.

Pantone282C, 817Gill and Ranching like this.
  11. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

19,514 Messages
    17,127 Likes Received
    :hammer::hammer::hammer:

12. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

9,716 Messages
    7,696 Likes Received
    Dak isn't remotely close to Rodgers and the team know it.

13. AmariChill

AmariChill Well-Known Member

4,362 Messages
    8,099 Likes Received
    No doubt this will help Dak. However, he has too many intangibles to fix IMO. Inaccuracy, footwork, timing, throwing in stride, etc. basic QB fundamentals. Despite the people around him underperforming from time to time, he had an all star cast. Zeke, a top 5 RB every year he’s been in the NFL. A 4 time pro-bowl WR in Cooper, who may not show up on the road, but is still a good WR. (Also, Cowboys Break made a good point about this. Besides D-Hop and Michael Thomas. Maybe Mike Evans or Julio Jones, what WR puts up 100 yard numbers every game? Not many. Amari is not the elite of the elite, buts he’s still good. Gallup was pretty good this year minus a few drops. Same as Cobb. O-line was great at pass blocking, yet Dak still fell off after the Pats game. Despite all that he had going for him, he failed to score on consecutive drives when we were down 31-3 against the Packers. Blame the Defense all you want, but Dak didn’t score when the Pack score 7-3, 14-3, 21-3, etc. Same as the Bears and Bills game. He failed to score a TD in the 2nd Philly game (he claims his injury didn’t bother him so I don’t want that excuse). Didn’t score one against the Pats. Or the Saints.

Bottom line: Dak isn’t our answer. He could make a great backup, and I’m sure he’s a nice dude, but we’re looking to pay for a franchise QB, not a nice dude with average football skills.

14. chagus

chagus Well-Known Member

1,809 Messages
    1,752 Likes Received
    Great post! Its tough having to sive thru pessimistic nonsense and a post like this does what this zone should be doing anyways: demonstrating real factual optimism for the upcoming season!

We ALL know that coaching cost the Cowboys games. The hiring of MM is an INSTANT UPGRADE and would of easily had the Cowboys in the post season if done sooner.

This is just a given... its known.

GO COWBOYS!!!

15. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

15,306 Messages
    12,837 Likes Received
    I’ve always wondered why there is no in between
    I don’t think the biggest Dak fan thinks he’s better than Rodgers
    But they can’t see that he is a good QB
    I think contracts make some fans crazy
    They all get more than many think they are worth and being 2nd highest paid doesn’t mean you are 2nd best QB
    But that’s the system of free agency and when you get a contract

16. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

16,073 Messages
    14,790 Likes Received
    Yeah but that was McCarthys fault so we're double screwed!

17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

96,966 Messages
    23,374 Likes Received
    He does not have to be. Rodgers has 1 SB there are many other QB not named Rodgers with SB rings. Dak does not have to be Rodgers to win.

18. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

10,756 Messages
    7,784 Likes Received
    Dak better win best student...
    maybe take it twice lol

FanSince71 likes this.
  19. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

12,551 Messages
    13,396 Likes Received
    Nice execution, you're doing terrific.

817Gill and Cowboy Lover like this.
  20. sean10mm

sean10mm Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    2,892 Likes Received
    Those aren't intangibles, you can literally see and measure all of those things. They're basically all learned skills - literally the things that coaching is for!

I don't know what Dak's ceiling is but you l literally just named things that are all stuff coaches are supposed to teach players how to do.

Rodgers was absolutely appalling in all those things coming out of college and had to be reprogrammed, people only miss this because he didn't start for years.