McCarthy: RBs will be asked to do more in pass protection

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Then why say Zeke does "nothing but pass protect" if he actually does do SOMETHING else? At best it's not a comment germane to the original post.

Not saying that's your view, but putting that comment just turns your post into another Zeke hate post, and we've had enough of those, everbody has formed their own opinion on Zeke, no need to beat a dead horse, as the saying goes....
It's funny. I pointed out we are talking about the passing game in a thread about pass protection and you keep insisting that I am talking about something else.

Have fun beating up your strawman and glorifying his poorly efficient running attempts in the running game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If pass protection is going to be a big emphasis, then that increases the chances Zeke could return. He’s still an excellent blocker. It also reduces the chances that Vaughn will get a lot of opportunities at RB. Don’t know how good a blocker he’s going to be at his size.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Says the team that addressed the position with veteran scraps and a 6th round pick. Good luck with that approach.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You'd even have to agree we have more than 5 OL, right?
So you think "more than 5" is depth?

Technically that is correct, but no NFL team goes into the season with only 6 offensive linemen on the roster.

Cowboys 2021 roster lists 10. Steele isn't released to play. Farniok, etc. are nothing but warm bodies at this point.

Sorry, I don't count sheer numbers as "depth", if numbers are all that matters to you, then I will agree, Cowboys have o-line depth.

But some "warm body" is not depth to me....

BlindFaith

Reaction score
So you think "more than 5" is depth?

Technically that is correct, but no NFL team goes into the season with only 6 offensive linemen on the roster.

Cowboys 2021 roster lists 10. Steele isn't released to play. Farniok, etc. are nothing but warm bodies at this point.

Sorry, I don't count sheer numbers as "depth", if numbers are all that matters to you, then I will agree, Cowboys have o-line depth.

But some "warm body" is not depth to me....
Yeah, we'll just have to disagree about the quality of the top 5. Depth wise, I think we'll be fine.

Look around the league. Id put our starting 5 against those in the top 5. And no team has great depth. Most teams dont even have a great group of starters.

Techsass

Reaction score
McCarthy does't like to devulge anything he doesn't have to. I think he's done a great job convincing Jerry to go along with him on this. Just because he mentioned working on our running game may not mean squat. Heck he had a WR as his lead RB for a few seasons when they were losing different Olinemen just about weekly. I think they had 10 different lineups the year GB won the SB.