Twitter: McCarthy to go easier on the team down the stretch

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We were bullied by Tampa Bay and San Francisco mentally as much as physically cut out all the stupid penalties and we win those games.

The coach has a pulse on the team and feels guys like Zeke and Micah are getting beat up and need some rest fine concentrate on film study and avoid the mistakes that cost you the games
You know what makes you mentally weak?

Getting rewarded with less work without doing anything to earn it.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The funny thing is he never said they weren’t going to up the intensity….that’s the fans here making that connection because they are starting practice an hour later. You can have higher intensity practices and workouts in a shorter period that have greater residual effects and results for the team.

the problem is this fan base suffers from ptsd because of our failures over the last 25+ years so we always look for the worst from any news release

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Definitely the point in the season when the good teams start to take their foot off the gas and ease their way into the playoffs like an old man into a warm bath.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The funny thing is he never said they weren’t going to up the intensity….that’s the fans here making that connection because they are starting practice an hour later. You can have higher intensity practices and workouts in a shorter period that have greater residual effects and results for the team.

the problem is this fan base suffers from ptsd because of our failures over the last 25+ years so we always look for the worst from any news release
Yeah.

I'm sure that's the plan :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

GINeric

Reaction score
Coaches like Parcells, Belichick, Gibbs and Jimmy Johnson didn't go soft like this.

Blackrain

Reaction score
You know what makes you mentally weak?

Getting rewarded with less work without doing anything to earn it.
I hear you brother it's a careful balance at this point in the season to make sure guys are on the same page with one another but not get them hurt at the same time.

But I'll tell you what this is not the most intelligent team I've ever seen false starts unsportsman like conduct blocks in the back

It's got to stop or you can just flat out forget any playoff aspirations cuz we are going nowhere with 10 penalties and a hundred yards a game it negates every good thing you want to do.

And the way the referees manipulate things now you have to be twice as vigilant to not give them anything they can legitimately use against you

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I hear you brother it's a careful balance at this point in the season to make sure guys are on the same page with one another but not get them hurt at the same time.

But I'll tell you what this is not the most intelligent team I've ever seen false starts unsportsman like conduct blocks in the back

It's got to stop or you can just flat out forget any playoff aspirations cuz we are going nowhere with 10 penalties and a hundred yards a game it negates every good thing you want to do.

And the way the referees manipulate things now you have to be twice as vigilant to not give them anything they can legitimately use against you
I just think that this will be another thing that we look back on as a mistake.

This team is treated like they are champions, they get the preseasons off, they get the last game of the season off if their playoff spot is locked up, and now they are getting reduced practice time.

A good team will take every single opportunity to get better.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
While I agree with you, Jimmy had and advantage in Dallas. It was before free agency really kicked in and so a team owned a player's future more often than not, so threats of cuts and benchings worked better. Now? They get mad or hurt coach raised his voice at them a little and either cry to Jerry or leave when they can to go to another team.

They want their payday more than they want a championship. Everything is business decisions with some exceptions (Like Parsons)
Here's a hint, both in the present and the past, no player was gonna play for free. They played for the love of the game is a myth.

ESisback

Reaction score

This team is treated like they are champions, they get the preseasons off, they get the last game of the season off if their playoff spot is locked up, and now they are getting reduced practice time.

They need to fix some things, but they already ARE a good team.

75boyz

Reaction score
Raise your hand if you actually listened to what he said in the video.

Exactly. McCarthy's just another automatic mute or part of the CZ ig button crowd at this point. I don't take serious or believe half the crap he spews, lol.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Fans don’t have anything to do with which team gets “bullied”. You seem to attach too much of your personal self worth to the success of a football team. Whiny and sad.
Why not just say you don't have a valid point instead of using the "Ohhhh you care more about the Cowboys success than I do, so I'm going to attach it to your self worth!!!" argument?

It's old and tired.

Jipper

Reaction score
If it works and they keep winning and stay a little more fresh then all good.

there has to also be an element where team leaders encourage the players to put in extra work, lifting, film study, etc outside of regularly scheduled practices…that’s the wild card in this equation that I haven’t really heard much discussion on.

ESisback

Reaction score
Why not just say you don't have a valid point instead of using the "Ohhhh you care more about the Cowboys success than I do, so I'm going to attach it to your self worth!!!" argument?

It's old and tired.

My valid point is you whine too much. They ain’t perfect, they need help, but you are miserable 24/7. Makes others feel “old and tired”.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Well, he's licked the discipline \ penalty problems so no reason to question the man ......:rolleyes:

ESisback

Reaction score
If it works and they keep winning and stay a little more fresh then all good.

there has to also be an element where team leaders encourage the players to put in extra work, lifting, film study, etc outside of regularly scheduled practices…that’s the wild card in this equation that I haven’t really heard much discussion on.
Work smart!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
My valid point is you whine too much. They ain’t perfect, they need help, but you are miserable 24/7. Makes others feel “old and tired”.
If I let someone's opinions get to me the way you seem let mine get to you I would have put you on the ignore list long ago.

I have nobody on my ignore list though, because others opinions don't bother me THAT much.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If coach wants to validate this decision, I expect us to win all our games convincingly. Do that, and the decision won't be questioned.