McCarthy was supposed to give Dallas an edge

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
plus the defense is totally wrecked.

We don’t have the players on defense and we’re hearing some players aren’t comfortable with what they’re being asked to do. If things don’t get better I wouldn’t be surprised if the 2020 season is one and done for Mike Nolan. The defense looks worse than last year especially the secondary. It’s a complete embarrassment back there.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You’d rather play in Green Bay or Seattle in January than Dallas?

The elements can still serve as home field advantage.
They do, but sometimes it plays into your favor if for instance you have the best running game at that time in bad weather.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They do, but sometimes it plays into your favor if for instance you have the best running game at that time in bad weather.
I can’t image any scenario playing in Green Bay or Seattle which would favors us.

As far as running game we aren’t even in the top 20 in the league now.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We don’t have the players on defense and we’re hearing some players aren’t comfortable with what they’re being asked to do. If things don’t get better I wouldn’t be surprised if the 2020 season is one and done for Mike Nolan. The defense looks worse than last year especially the secondary. It’s a complete embarrassment back there.

Hoping Nolan is fired soon.

Edwards could take over today.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hoping Nolan is fired soon.

Edwards could take over today.

Not having a normal on the field offseason to implement his system will keep him from getting fired during the season. No offseason coupled with injuries provides too many built-in excuses for Jerry to hang onto him for at least this season.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Hey,the browns are 2-1 with a brand new coaching staff...exact same situation as us...and we have way more talent then they do, plus they have injuries also.

Big deal, the Browns have beat the Bengals and Washington and lost to Baltimore.
If they had played Seattle and the Rams like we did they'd be 0-3 right now!
You're comparing apples to oranges.

bigE79

Reaction score
The Browns have beat the Bengals and Washington and lost to Baltimore.
If they had played Seattle and the Rams like we did they'd be 0-3 right now!
You're trying to compare apples to oranges.
No I'm comparing 2 teams with new coaching staffs and as a matter of fact,we still should be in better shape since MM has been coaching in the nfl for a long *** time,he isn't the noob the browns coach is,but yet for all of the talent he has to work with, we're 1-2.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
No I'm comparing 2 teams with new coaching staffs and as a matter of fact,we still should be in better shape since MM has been coaching in the nfl for a long *** time,he isn't the noob the browns coach is,but yet for all of the talent he has to work with, we're 1-2.

You're the one who was bragging on the Brown's record being better than ours. The only good team they've played was Baltimore and they lost that game. I stand by my post.....If the Browns had played our schedule they'd be 0-3. Period. They would NOT be 2-1.

bigE79

Reaction score
You're the one who was bragging on the Brown's record being better than ours. The only good team they've played was Baltimore and they lost that game. I stand by my post.....If the Browns had played our schedule they'd be 0-3. Period. They would NOT be 2-1.
Who was bragging? I was stating a fact and right now,they are the only team with a new staff over 500..and who gives a **** who they played..they played the teams that are on their schedule,same as us.. PERIOD.

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Who was bragging? I was stating a fact and right now,they are the only team with a new staff over 500..and who gives a **** who they played..they played the teams that are on there schedule,same as us.

Tell ya what bigE, if you really think playing Cincy and Washington is even in the same ball park as the Rams and Seattle, then you're living in another world. You're just looking for a silly argument.

fishspill

Reaction score
This is all as I expected. New coaching staff, limited offseason, deteriorating OL and injuries. The frustrating part is we still might get into the playoffs and have a draft pick behind everyone else in our division but have no realistic shot at competing for a title.

Flypy

Reaction score
After the first three games the Cowboys look like a worse team under McCarthy than they were under Garrett. We’re seeing a lot of the same things. Slow starts, poor coaching/decisions and the team looks unprepared.

Amen !!!!!

Hadenough

Reaction score
Coach Mike McCarthy’s team has looked sloppy and unprepared too often this season. There have been too many blown coverages, too many special teams miscues and too many penalties.

There has also been some questionable strategy. He was supposed to give the Cowboys an edge on the sideline. Through three games, it hasn’t happened yet.
The team resembles its coach!

bigE79

Reaction score
Tell ya what bigE, if you really think playing Cincy and Washington is even in the same ball park as the Rams and Seattle, then you're living in another world. You're just looking for a silly argument.
Why can't you get it thru your head,you make it sound like the browns are like some super power compared to the skins and cinci..sorry to tell you,but the browns talent level is pretty much on par with both those teams.You tell me where the browns are so much better,the only position where the have an advantage is qb,and mayfield is not that special to begin with,also I'd take the Commanders D over the browns...where as,you are also stating we faced the truly superior hawks and rams..which talent wise,we have both of them beat on offense,the hawks defense suck as bad as ours and the rams are slightly better.Could the browns beat either? On paper no, but did we not lose to the jets last year?. Anything can happen.. nothing is absolute..only siths believe in absolutes.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Why can't you get it thru your head,you make it sound like the browns are like some super power compared to the skins and cinci..sorry to tell you,but the browns talent level is pretty much on par with both those teams.You tell me where the browns are so much better,the only position where the have an advantage is qb,and mayfield is not that special to begin with,also I'd take the Commanders D over the browns...where as,you are also stating we faced the truly superior hawks and rams..which talent wise,we have both of them beat on offense,the hawks defense suck as bad as ours and the rams are slightly better.Could the browns beat either? On paper no, but did we not lose to the jets last year?. Anything can happen.. nothing is absolute..only siths believe in absolutes.

If you ever figure out what your point is, do let us know. In the meantime, comparing the Brown's schedule to ours is still out in left field like I told you before. All I said was if the Browns had played our schedule they would be 0-3 instead of 2-1, and that is a plain and simple fact. Do you REALLY disagree with that???
Give it a rest dude.

Last edited:

doomsday808

Reaction score
We should be 0 and 3. Could be 0 and 4 if Falcons knew his to recover a fumble and we lose this one. This is bad, not what I expected for this season.