Video: McCarthy: "We were clearly prepared"

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not just nervous, angst - a feeling of deep anxiety or dread, typically an unfocused one about the human condition or the state of the world in general.

Does that sound like a prepared team?

I don't know much about coaching that game but I have managed people most of my life and if I have my most critical person looking like Prescott was looking, I am all over that because that needed to get fixed.

Do you think McVay, LaFleur, Arians or Shanahan is going to ignore that stunned look on their QB's face? The QB's spot on the bench is clear shot from the HC for a good reason and if you watch these guys, if anything has gone wrong, they are making sure their QB looks OK. And he did not, he looked shell shocked.

Want to talk about the role of a leader? It isn't on the sideline with the 1000 yard stare. If I am a player on offense and I see him, I think someone pooped in the church pew and we're in trouble.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
:facepalm: You know every time I think " these players have issues, learning, reacting, thinking, being prepared" I have to remind myself who is in charge. Like when Dak asked the coach what does he need to do, implying what more can he improve on. Then Mike proceeds to say keep being yourself. Like huh? Missed opportunity 10,000 for MM. Why is it like that?

Plankton

Reaction score
They definitely were prepared. Here's video of a special teams practice from before the game:

grimace-football.gif

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
2:05 mark. That was his answer to a question about 'what surprised him'. He sounds like a defensive excuse-making buffoon throughout the interview. If you can stomach it, listen -

I may believe him, they probably thought they were prepared, with all the distractions for both OC and DC for HC interviews , it is to be expected, something had to give, the game plan was not good enough , and players make worst execution it gets blown up.
Starting with Randy’s offside encroachment and false starts ,holdings and usually sure wilson’s arm overthrowing an open pollard etc….

But where was the main problem - no commitment to run game and OL blocking was not existent, Dak was jittery, feet happy instead of planting feet and take some shots started to scramble.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I think he means they were prepared on an X’s and O’s Viewpoint. Players can be nervous despite knowing what there job is to do on each play and the overall game plan…

Still don't think so, everyone watching knew that wasn't the case after the first play.

75boyz

Reaction score
Clearly prepared?????

CLEARLY.
Just like Nolan was clearly the best defensive coordinator choice.
CLEARLY.
Throw in several time management and special teams gaffes over the last couple years and this guy is CLEARLY the right man to lead this team to a SB going forward.
Decision making and accountability CLEARLY lacking.

CLEARLY.

I give you your Dallas Cowboys.
CLEARLY.

75boyz

Reaction score
:facepalm: You know every time I think " these players have issues, learning, reacting, thinking, being prepared" I have to remind myself who is in charge. Like when Dak asked the coach what does he need to do, implying what more can he improve on. Then Mike proceeds to say keep being yourself. Like huh? Missed opportunity 10,000 for MM. Why is it like that?

Great point.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Two days ago he said he could feel the nerves (angst) int eh locker-room pregame. Now he says they were prepared?

If they were prepared and ready you wouldn't feel that. Which is it?

Yeah, if you are not prepared you are anxious or nervous before the game. ..Like when i didn't study for a test...when i studied, i was ready to go and BRING IT ON BABY.. This guy just lying again. Daaaammmmitttt, need to get rid of this guy asap.

Praxit

Reaction score
..if I'm big Mike, I would not answer phones, media blasts, whatever instills spilling the beans.

Face it, MM thought they we're playing the Eagles again.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
2:05 mark. That was his answer to a question about 'what surprised him'. He sounds like a defensive excuse-making buffoon throughout the interview. If you can stomach it, listen -

This guy is an idiot. I already hate him.

Brax

Reaction score
What are the Cowboys going to do about it is my question….

Status quo? Line up and try again? Rookies?

Sorry but your team is going nowhere if that’s your answer.
Nothing he needs 10 years did you forget he was 12-5. Sad but unless Jerry surprises me he will stay for the 5 year tour Jerry signed him to.