Twitter: McCarthy: We're going to win this game

Diehardblues

Reaction score
none of that crap matters... if it is what you like, thats cool. Trust me, I loved Jimmy and his brashness. BUT, the lack of being cocky didnt hurt Bill Walsh. Didnt hurt Joe Gibbs. Didnt hurt Coach K. Didnt hurt Coach LANDRY.
Most fans dont even realize how some head coaches are off the camera. Landry ruled brutally behind the scenes. Players were horrified by him . But fans thought he was this unemotional HC cause of his demeanor on the sidelines.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Perhaps he could have said, "I'm confident we CAN win this game against WFT".......sounds a little less abrasive. LOL :p

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do y'all think this really riles up the WFT players to play at a higher level? They're fighting for the playoffs and losing this game could make winning the division improbable.

Bulletin board material is a joke. If they need that to get up for a game this important, they're already in trouble.

I like what Mike is doing, trying to instill a sense of history with players that do not know what a NFL rivalry is and are more concerned that they might play for the other team someday.

I also like that he openly does what every HC does behind the scenes, express and instill confidence in his players. He has the more talented team, he should expect to win. He expects to have the best coaching staff and players on that field come Sunday and take the next step to taking the division.

On an additional front, what do you think his boss thinks of him saying that? Think Booger is cringing or fist pumping?

And if he's wrong? Are you going to blame his confidence in his team for the loss. Think the WFT elevated their play just because of that? Think Prescott cringed when he saw that? Not a chance.

There are two ways to motivate people to accomplish goals. Tell them they can't do it in hopes that they prove you wrong or tell them you think they can do it and prove you right. One thing I do know about Mike McCarthy and this team, they like playing for him and what he said can't be anything but motivational.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well.. Whatever.. I still like that he said it.

Everyone is waiting for the floor to fall out from under us and the excuses for another wasted season to start pouring in.

I like this route..
No excuses needed.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Perhaps he could have said, "I'm confident we CAN win this game against WFT".......sounds a little less abrasive. LOL :p

Screw that. Let them know Dallas is coming to town and their about to get in the mouth.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not the same, they all say that. He fully expects to win this game and he's not saying that going to AZ, GB or TB. The Cowboys are a better team than the WFT.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Do y'all think this really riles up the WFT players to play at a higher level? They're fighting for the playoffs and this game could make winning the division improbable.

Bulletin board material is a joke. If they need that to get up for a game this important, they're already in trouble.

I like what Mike is doing, trying to instill a sense of history with players that do not know what a NFL rivalry is and are more concerned that they might play for the other team someday.

I also like that he openly does what every HC does behind the scenes, express and instill confidence in his players. He has the more talented team, he should expect to win. He expects to have the best coaching staff and players on that field come Sunday and take the next step to taking the division.

On an additional front, what do you think his boss thinks of him saying that? Think Booger is cringing or fist pumping.

And if he's wrong? Are you going to blame his confidence in his team for the loss. Think the WFT elevated their play just because of that? Think Prescott cringed when he was that? Not a chance.

There are two ways to motivate people to accomplish goals. Tell them they can't do it in hopes that they prove you wrong or tell them you think they can do it and prove you right. One thing I do know about Mike McCarthy and this team, they like playing for him and what he said can't be anything but motivational.
Agreed. Jethro loves this.

My hunch is Mikey is worried though . Why else would he feel this need.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe he’ll be so confident we’ll go for 4th down every time. Lol

And some 2 point conversions:)

Cydios

Reaction score
I got an idea, why don't we have shirts made that says "Beat Washington"

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Do y'all think this really riles up the WFT players to play at a higher level? They're fighting for the playoffs and this game could make winning the division improbable.

On an additional front, what do you think his boss thinks of him saying that? Think Booger is cringing or fist pumping.

And if he's wrong? Are you going to blame his confidence in his team for the loss. Think the WFT elevated their play just because of that? Think Prescott cringed when he was that? Not a chance.

So much truth.

Bulletin board material is really a bunch of crap. Rarely does something like this ever get a professional football team fired up.

I still like it though.

Michael Irvin said he told Dak after the Saints game not to go into the locker room and hang your head about not having the game you wanted ect.. Dallas needs to get back to where they were earlier and the rest will come.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You fans that didn't like Garrett, think he does that or does he walk the fine line of political correctness? Being ever so careful not to ruffle feathers.

Mike has just put his players on the line to save him from being wrong......about them.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
FBJX4NJXEAA9OtB

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You fans that didn't like Garrett, think he does that or does he walk the fine line of political correctness? Being ever so careful not to ruffle feathers.

Mike has just put his players on the line to save him from being wrong......about them.
Cause he knows if we lose this game it’s 3 Alarm
Fire. The season could come crashing down.

It will be the biggest dumpster fire he’s seen in Big D. The local media will crucify him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So much truth.

Bulletin board material is really a bunch of crap. Rarely does something like this ever get a professional football team fired up.

I still like it though.

Michael Irvin said he told Dak after the Saints game not to go into the locker room and hang your head about not having the game you wanted ect.. Dallas needs to get back to where they were earlier and the rest will come.
It's not like he said the WFT is a bunch of cowards or that their Moms won't be at the game because the pimps are having their annual Christmas party.

He said nothing about them but said everything about his own team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is biggest game in McCarthy era. His future with Cowboys is riding on it. He knows it. This desperate guarantee supports it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's not like he said the WFT is a bunch of cowards or that their Moms won't be at the game because the pimps are having their annual Christmas party.

He said nothing about them but said everything about his own team.
Right. This isn’t billboard material.

This is notice to his team season is on the line .