Twitter: McCarthy: We're going to win this game

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I hate the squirrelly approach. If you're going to guarantee, guarantee. Don't hedge by saying, "Well, what am I suppose to say? That we'll lose?"

"We're going to win the ball game! PeriodT! I don't care about other games. We will win this one."

Mr_437

Reaction score
Big Mike wrote the check...let's see if it gets cashed on Sunday.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Meh, Jimmy Johnson called a damn radio show 3 days before the 93 NFC Title game and declared “we will win the ballgame, put it in 3 inch headlines”

Seifert was so thrown off he was wondering whether JJ’s balls were brass or paper mache.

anyway, Big Mike is just trying to give the guys some confidence, since I’m sure they don’t feel as good about themselves as they did around the beginning of November.
I LIVE IN nORCAL, i REMEMBER vividly HOW MUCH THIS STIRRED THE POT out here. Remember, back then , we didnt have the internet, so we listened to local sports radio all the time.

KNBR out of SF was the huge sports talk show. Pete Franklin was a cranky old guy that was around forever. But he spoke his mind... I remember on Friday before the NFC title game he makes his predictions. I remember him.. it was hilarious.. he was speaking in his best Cowboy voice... yeeee haaawwww... us Niners are about to get ours butts kicked. He as great. I kind of miss those days. NOTHING in my lifetime was better than that early 90s Cowboys/Niners rivalry.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Billy Boy would never either... so whats your point? Mike is great because he opened his mouth?

I never said he was great or anything.

Just tired of everyone waiting for something bad to happen. I like our coach to kinda have a little bravado and lay it out there for everyone what the expectation is.

Im sick of the same old crap.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Just tired of everyone waiting for something bad to happen. I like our coach to kinda have a little bravado and lay it out there for everyone what the expectation is.

none of that crap matters... if it is what you like, thats cool. Trust me, I loved Jimmy and his brashness. BUT, the lack of being cocky didnt hurt Bill Walsh. Didnt hurt Joe Gibbs. Didnt hurt Coach K. Didnt hurt Coach LANDRY.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Amazing how some think this isn’t the same ole crap.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
none of that crap matters... if it is what you like, thats cool. Trust me, I loved Jimmy and his brashness. BUT, the lack of being cocky didnt hurt Bill Walsh. Didnt hurt Joe Gibbs. Didnt hurt Coach K. Didnt hurt Coach LANDRY.

Well.. Whatever.. I still like that he said it.

Everyone is waiting for the floor to fall out from under us and the excuses for another wasted season to start pouring in.

I like this route..