McCarthy will take Dak to the highest level

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Rockport, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

23,306 Messages
    44,288 Likes Received
    So Roger was the inspiration for James T. Kirk and the Kobayashi Maru?....I knew it!!!

2. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

18,028 Messages
    15,705 Likes Received
    I think the Cowboys ranked last in starting field position for the year. If not, close to it.

mahoneybill, 817Gill and Runwildboys like this.
  3. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

18,028 Messages
    15,705 Likes Received
    Or Garrett LOL!

Swagger likes this.
  4. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

23,306 Messages
    44,288 Likes Received
    The new ST coach is more exciting to me than MM is. lol

817Gill likes this.
  5. garyo1954

garyo1954 Well-Known Member

1,856 Messages
    2,031 Likes Received
    He was color blind which kept him from a lot of duties. But not from winning the Super Bowl!

Runwildboys likes this.
  6. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

5,365 Messages
    3,805 Likes Received
    In the words of Pappydog these guys are memebers of Daks propaganda team. How you can’t see the difference in play between the bottom teams and the better ones?

starcity214, AmariChill and CATCH17 like this.
  7. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

3,584 Messages
    4,150 Likes Received
    I pin four losses on the defense and four losses on the offense. The offense scored 10, 9, 15, and 9 in four losses. Then they scored 24 points in 3 losses and 22 in the other, so that goes on the defense. (IMO) But special teams cost us two games somewhere in there.

So I still believe our "bus driver" can get it done. He just needs a better defense and special teams play.

817Gill likes this.
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

50,207 Messages
    45,172 Likes Received
    The thing is I like Dak.

I just hate what he’s about to get paid and I’d rather pay someone like Marcus Marriotta next to nothing and draft a guy then pay Dak 35 mill a year to not be a difference maker.

garyo1954, AmariChill and Philmonroe like this.
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

50,207 Messages
    45,172 Likes Received
    The problem is the he just needs part.

We paid Romo a ton of money and the team around him suffered for a long time because of it and Dak is nowhere near the caliber of QB Romo was.

10. Philmonroe

5,365 Messages
    3,805 Likes Received
    How can someone hate on someone or something that’s average? People “hate” on someone/thing that’s better so reality says your logic is flawed as most over users of “hate” are. If Dak was some Mahommes talent I’d see you saying people hating but when you’re really closer to Alex Smith than Mahommes again how can you hate?

11. vnick

vnick Active Member

98 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    I am not going to proclaim that McCarthy will fix everything, but he is a good hire. He has the pedigree of success, so now we just have to hope he can replicate that success here.

12. Philmonroe

5,365 Messages
    3,805 Likes Received
    I can agree with this because why I don’t think Dak is the worst he’s no better than an Andy Dalton type qb. I know the numbers but them numbers are fugazy. I would like to do like the Chiefs and try to trade up for a blue chip prospect. If that pick fails cool but you can’t be a top qb when you need everybody to make you look better than the opposite where you make them look better.

starcity214 and AmariChill like this.
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

50,207 Messages
    45,172 Likes Received

I feel like if Tua starts slipping at all you go up and get him.

AmariChill and Philmonroe like this.
  14. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

9,195 Messages
    12,503 Likes Received
    My biggest takeaway was when MM said he was going to tailor the offense to the quarterback. Not the other way around like Garrett did. Dak was being held back by Garrett’s scheme. Trying to make him into a pocket passer (Romo) which isn’t his game at all. Yet another sign that Garrett’s arrogance and stubbornness almost ruined another players career.

Rockport likes this.
  15. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

2,115 Messages
    1,839 Likes Received
    We all know Jerry's QB talent IQ evaluation skills, signing Dak on anything other than the franchise tag will just be another Jerry mistake. Your Dak crush has you blinded to his lack of top talent. Save your "hate, troll" and other comebacks, could you please give the I love Dak posts a break. Signing a average QB to a long term deal is something you seem to revel in.

16. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member

5,293 Messages
    4,547 Likes Received
    should say "will take Dak to his highest level"

17. sideon

sideon Well-Known Member

1,757 Messages
    1,789 Likes Received
    MM never cared for a running game and never tried to invest in one.

18. Kwyn

Kwyn Well-Known Member

720 Messages
    741 Likes Received
    Montana was 17-8 in his last two years.

those two years, McCarthy was the Quality Control Coach

Not sure McCarthy had much do with Montana’s success in those two years

:)

Whirlwin likes this.
  19. garyo1954

garyo1954 Well-Known Member

1,856 Messages
    2,031 Likes Received
    Figure Miami gets Tua at 5. That leaves Fromm or Eason. Always the possibility that Miami take one of the others leaving Tua.

Tua is iffy in any case. And I'm not a fan of the other two. I'd rather sell Gruden the pig in a poke and get Deshon Kizer. He had good rookie numbers, he was Aaron Rodgers backup for a while, and he's not going to break the bank.

20. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

3,584 Messages
    4,150 Likes Received
    An under thrown pass should not be P.I.

If the reciever has to go through the DB to catch the ball that should be a no call.