Twitter: McCarthy's cryptic message on Connor Williams

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Confirmed. Job threatened. Coach Mike "Accountability' McCarthy

Make it soon if it's good for the team. That OLine needs some time to get ready together for the Playoffs.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let the coaches worry about and stop the hate, you may be very disappointed is he keeps his job....lol....

bark

Reaction score
On the Zeke goal line td , Connor was the only linemen to get pushed back.
I think that is the cause of his holding issue. His form has to be perfect or else he gets manhandled and then starts grabbing.
At any rate, the coaching staff sees all that I’m sure and looks like they have about seen enough.
I think the change is coming soon.
I know this much, it will set off a cowboy zone celebration upon the announcement

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Confirmed. Job threatened. Coach Mike "Accountability' McCarthy

Make it soon if it's good for the team. That OLine needs some time to get ready together for the Playoffs.

I’d love to see it work out to where Collins could replace him at left guard. La’el has power to maul people that Williams never has. I think he could bring a ‘Ron Leary’ type of physicality to help make the line ever better.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The question for me is whether we moved Steele to LT was because we felt he was a better option than La'el or because we wanted Collins to go back to his starting position. If we think Steele is just the better player or the better RT, then I could see Collins being given a shot at LG when Smith gets back. But I think it's more likely that we keep Collins as the starter at RT.

And as I pointed out in another thread, McGovern didn't play that many snaps on the line Sunday and had a hold called against him. So I'm not sure Dallas sees him as a better option.

I thought they made it clear that Steele was the starter at RT. I think the move had more to do with Ty Nsheke. I do think Collins is better, but if that's all the coaches were looking at, then I don't think they would bother to have him work out at LG in practice

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Tyron-La'el-Biadasz-Martin-Steele?

Id do it...and I have been one trying to give Williams the benefit of the doubt. He is a marked man...the announcers felt two of the three penalties were really ticky tack. One of the holds and the chop block was BS.

Even if Collins wasn't there I'd give McGovern a shot at the job.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I thought they made it clear that Steele was the starter at RT. I think the move had more to do with Ty Nsheke. I do think Collins is better, but if that's all the coaches were looking at, then I don't think they would bother to have him work out at LG in practice

I don't think that they did, although maybe I missed it. They definitely gave Collins some work at left guard, so that's a good point. Five best would appear to include those two, so it would make some sense for Collins being back at RT only being temporary while Smith is out.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Id do it...and I have been one trying to give Williams the benefit of the doubt. He is a marked man...the announcers felt two of the three penalties were really ticky tack. One of the holds and the chop block was BS.

Even if Collins wasn't there I'd give McGovern a shot at the job.

The chop block call was pretty awful. He held on the downfield block. It might be one some players could get away with, but when you've got a reputation working against you, they're going to call it.