Twitter: McCarthy's cryptic message on Connor Williams

cowboyec

Reaction score
i believe the big man just put him on notice.
such a departure from the last regime.

Reactions: BAT

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As it should be for every position. No news here.

Go Cowboys!

Certainly it's news if you know how the league operates. Coaches don't talk this way. They protect the player to the media. So either a change is on the horizon or he's trying to motivate the player.

Last edited:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. As long as we're winning he can wait until the off season to switch this up. That's the best course of action in my opinion.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Biadasz has been playing much better as well. Of course, some of that is not going against some of the best DTs in the league.

Very true. But he’s still a young guy early in his career so I think he can continue to improve.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i think mccarthy is.

I don’t know about that. Maybe Collins could replace Williams at left guard with Steele going back to right tackle but I think that’s about as much change as I could see coming and even that is a stretch.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Do it.

Playoffs are in their sights. Drive killing penalties during the tournament can send a team home.
Season-killing sacks to the QB are also in the future unless you figure out a balance of replacing detriments mid-season.
Those guys watch the practices.
We don't.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I like coach MM...probably took him in a room to make him count to 1 2 3.
I doubt it.
Having known about Connor's background, he responds to positive reinforcement better than "bullying", but there are psychological work-arounds this that are very effective.

pitt33

Reaction score
Season-killing sacks to the QB are also in the future unless you figure out a balance of replacing detriments mid-season.
Those guys watch the practices.
We don't.
He has a lot of eyes on him. That’s for sure.

Especially the game officials