Twitter: McCarthy's cryptic message on Connor Williams

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And I think based on past reputation the officials are now looking for reasons to throw the flag on him. Even the announcers thought the calls were ‘ticky-tack’.
No doubt once a player has a history officials are more aware.

We’ve had OL before with history of holding. Some of them much better OL. Some not.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
And I think based on past reputation the officials are now looking for reasons to throw the flag on him. Even the announcers thought the calls were ‘ticky-tack’.
No argument my friend.
It might even be called strategic to put a backup in over Williams just to spread the ref attention.

Or maybe that would be a bad thing.

I don't know! I do not know. And anyone who claims that they do know, I will dismiss them.
Because they don't know.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No argument my friend.
It might even be called strategic to put a backup in over Williams just to spread the ref attention.

Or maybe that would be a bad thing.

I don't know! I do not know. And anyone who claims that they do know, I will dismiss them.
Because they don't know.

PopularInfantileAlaskankleekai-size_restricted.gif

cowboyec

Reaction score
I don’t know about that. Maybe Collins could replace Williams at left guard with Steele going back to right tackle but I think that’s about as much change as I could see coming and even that is a stretch.
he's shown a willingness to try anything.
if he thought it would be a help and not a hurt...i think he would.
but on the flipside...you don't wanna monkey around with the oline.
hopefully the message was received.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I wouldn't think anything changes if Smith can't stay healthy.

Reactions: BAT

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The flags are a problem but as a LG Williams isn't a terrible player.

Not saying Williams is on this level but Witten and Adams use to get penalties a ton as well.

Williams has to play super clean cause coaches and refs are on him every snap. Some of the calls aren't even ticky tacky just plain terrible calls by the refs. While most are absolutely legit holding calls, i have seen worst not get called.

I keep seeing folks saying McGovern is better than Williams......i think McGovern is really good when he has played RG but not as good at LG. Most likely that's why he hasn't beaten out Williams at LG and no way come close to Martin at RG.

Reactions: BAT

Verdict

Reaction score
According to Helman, from what he heard inside, they would have if TSmith didn't get injured. Makes sense as they probably didn't want to have two new players on the left side at once.
Thank you for the info and your post.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
His message should be in ENGLISH and it should be loud and clear. KEEP RACKING UP PENALTIES AND YOU WILL FIND YOUR *** OUT THE DOOR or BETTER YET ON THE PRACTICE SQUAD TEAM!

JustChip

Reaction score
I know that happens, but it’s an absolute travesty. They’re impacting a man’s ability to earn an income. I’m sure they wouldn’t accept someone going out of their way to impact their income, the full-time or part-time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So here's the thing with Williams.....is he playing guard poorly or is he just being penalized that's the issue?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Id put McGovern at LG and keep Steele as the swing tackle
I agree. This is what I’d do…

Tyron <> McGovern <> Biadasz <> Martin <> Collins

Steele as the swing T

To me, it just makes the most sense.

McG is a strong MoFo and will add a power element to the left side. It is what I’ve been wanting to see.