McCartney takes halftime show, makes it better

Reaction score
You guys who are the guitar aficionados ought to invest in this DVD.

I went to the final day/night of this event which took place at the Cotton Bowl, and just made a "home burned" version of it off of a PBS special shown here a few months ago.

The commercial DVD, is 250 minutes long, and must contain a lot of stuff that PBS version didn't have, because it's only about 120 minutes.

It was really a great show, and I wish I could have attended some of all three days.

2004_clapton_topphoto.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasCowpoke said:
You guys who are the guitar aficionados ought to invest in this DVD.

I went to the final day/night of this event which took place at the Cotton Bowl, and just made a "home burned" version of it off of a PBS special shown here a few months ago.

The commercial DVD, is 250 minutes long, and must contain a lot of stuff that PBS version didn't have, because it's only about 120 minutes.

It was really a great show, and I wish I could have attended some of all three days.

2004_clapton_topphoto.jpg

I have been looking at getting that DVD.
At first I saw the Clapton title and was not all that enthused...I mainly like him from his days in Cream.

But then I looked at the list of guitarist on there and I do like quite a few of them.

I just gotta wait till I get my other DVDs in before ordering more.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
*L*

Day Tripper....great line...and talk about something that was over the edge for it's time...lyrically...

I think you chose some great songs there...

How old is he??

He is 14. He started playing drums in school last year but didn't like it too much( that was an expensive experiment ). He is picking up guitar pretty quickly and likes it a lot.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AmarilloCowboyFan said:
He is 14. He started playing drums in school last year but didn't like it too much( that was an expensive experiment ). He is picking up guitar pretty quickly and likes it a lot.

Now watch, if he gets good at guitar, then he will mess with the bass later and even later may want to get back into drumming....EVEN if guitar remains his core instrument.

Many guys that play guitar I have known have also been at worst OK at Bass and drums.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Now watch, if he gets good at guitar, then he will mess with the bass later and even later may want to get back into drumming....EVEN if guitar remains his core instrument.

Many guys that play guitar I have known have also been at worst OK at Bass and drums.

Yep, he already has asked for a bass. He probably would have like the drums more, but when you take percussion in middle school you have to play the Bell Kit. He didn't mind the snare too much, just didn't like the bells.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan said:

Don't let him become a drummer...they're all nutz!!!

:)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Uh, that would be me...

Guitarists are attracted to a drum kit like moths to a light...

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99 said:
Uh, that would be me...

Guitarists are attracted to a drum kit like moths to a light...

Yes I have played drums a little, not great at all but can hold a simple beat down.

However I am still mystified by the drum machines... :banghead:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Yes I have played drums a little, not great at all but can hold a simple beat down.

However I am still mystified by the drum machines... :banghead:

The first thing that any self respecting guitar player does when sitting behind an drum kit is to turn the sticks around, and use the heavy ends to completly destroy the skins...

and of course, the solo from Abbey Road is required material...

Drum machines are a nuiscance...when I record, I have a Motif and I set a metronome...and then play each drum part separately....and mix them all down to two or three tracks after...

Tough way to do it but it does keep ones timing very sharp