McClain left no contract

robjay04

Reaction score
I believe every free agent we signed this season left and then signed a day or two later.

NotForLong

Reaction score
It always amazes me that UDFAs at need positions suddenly get to be indispensable. Osborne is the new belle of the ball I guess.
Um No noone said indespensible don't put words in my mouth. I said I'll rather have him then McClain

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Must not be physically sound. I for one am happy. I"ld rather keep DeQuinton Osborne and allow him to develop. Then cut him because we kept a veteran like McMclain
how do you come to that conclusion? just because there is no contract today doesn't mean anything.
I'd rather have him that DO

NotForLong

Reaction score
You'd rather have a UDFA who has never taken a NFL snap in his life over a guy that has been a solid DT in this league and played well for you in this system just a couple of years ago?

Hahahaha.
Yes I would. And what' this obsession with Never Took An NFL snap before argument on this message board. You think I didn' take that into consideration. Yeah I like him and I would like to keep him on the team and watch him develop. What' wrong with that

NotForLong

Reaction score
giphy.gif
Really you never heard of him.

Wow where you been under a rock.

And of course everyone's Favorite Youtuber

LittleD

Reaction score
It always amazes me that UDFAs at need positions suddenly get to be indispensable. Osborne is the new belle of the ball I guess.

To be honest...I would rather deploy a young, inexpensive fire-eater that fits the mold of a Marrinelli guy than spend
a boatload on an oft hurt player who can't stay on the field. Hence, his quick exit from the Deadskins.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yes I would. And what' this obsession with Never Took An NFL snap before argument on this message board. You think I didn' take that into consideration. Yeah I like him and I would like to keep him on the team and watch him develop. What' wrong with that
The only time you can consider a player in "development" is if they are on the practice squad. If they are on the 53, they better be prepared to play.

It is a pretty rare thing that there is a slow progressing chain of developing players anywhere in this league any more.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
To be honest...I would rather deploy a young, inexpensive fire-eater that fits the mold of a Marrinelli guy than spend
a boatload on an oft hurt player who can't stay on the field. Hence, his quick exit from the Deadskins.
I am certainly not a McClain fan. I didn't think he was special before and he suddenly didn't get more talented since he was in Washington.

But all in all, I am not going to pretend that a player like Osborne is more worthy of a roster spot. If I had my way, we wouldn't even be having this discussion as I would have taken tackle depth in the draft.

LittleD

Reaction score
I am certainly not a McClain fan. I didn't think he was special before and he suddenly didn't get more talented since he was in Washington.

But all in all, I am not going to pretend that a player like Osborne is more worthy of a roster spot. If I had my way, we wouldn't even be having this discussion as I would have taken tackle depth in the draft.

He may ultimately not be...but, my guess is that the FO will find someone to man the position this year. Probably at least two.

Dwight

Reaction score
It really concerns me that the FO doesn’t take the DT position seriously.

I hope Hankins is under consideration.