McClain left no contract

DiResta

Reaction score
i prefer my dc to have a more calm demeanor

wade_phillips_081013015714.jpeg

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes I would. And what' this obsession with Never Took An NFL snap before argument on this message board. You think I didn' take that into consideration. Yeah I like him and I would like to keep him on the team and watch him develop. What' wrong with that

What's with it is it shows a huge flaw in your argument. This team needs DT help, especially now that Collins has broken a foot for the third time.

McClain would make way more sense today than Osborne for this team.

Sydla

Reaction score
To be honest...I would rather deploy a young, inexpensive fire-eater that fits the mold of a Marrinelli guy than spend
a boatload on an oft hurt player who can't stay on the field. Hence, his quick exit from the Deadskins.

Who says you have to spend a boat load? Why do people insert statements like this other than to justify their positions?

The fact there are a few DTs sitting out there would seem to indicate that the money isn't there for DTs, so likely the Cowboys aren't going to have to pony up a ton to get McClain if they want him.

We also have no freaking clue if Osborne is a fire-eater DT. He's never taken a NFL snap. Shoot, I hope the kid is the next great UDFA find but at this point, it's funny that people would prefer a kid they've never seen take a NFL snap over a guy (or guys) that are veterans that have a decent track record at a position of need.

Sydla

Reaction score
It really concerns me that the FO doesn’t take the DT position seriously.

I hope Hankins is under consideration.

What's odd is that Marinelli saw the Tampa D up close and they always had high level DT play.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
McClain reportedly will decide which team to sign with after visiting the Falcons today. I don't think leaving without a contract automatically means he won't sign with us.

Sydla

Reaction score
McClain reportedly will decide which team to sign with after visiting the Falcons today. I don't think leaving without a contract automatically means he won't sign with us.

What's Atlanta's DT situation? I thought they had nice depth there?

NotForLong

Reaction score
What's with it is it shows a huge flaw in your argument. This team needs DT help, especially now that Collins has broken a foot for the third time.

McClain would make way more sense today than Osborne for this team.
Why is that? I thought we were rebuilding. Keep the youth movement going.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s reasonable to believe TM will be as good as he was when he left.

It’s been 2 years and if what you guys are claiming is true about playing out of position I’m led to believe he would be coming with 2 years worth of unnecessary wear and tear from a position he shouldn’t have been playing.

I’m kinda glad he didn’t sign.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s reasonable to believe TM will be as good as he was when he left.

It’s been 2 years and if what you guys are claiming is true about playing out of position I’m led to believe he would be coming with 2 years worth of unnecessary wear and tear from a position he shouldn’t have been playing.

I’m kinda glad he didn’t sign.

OK. Then what's the fix at DT? Or are you fine with what they have at the 1 Tech - Price, Ash, maybe Ward and Collins coming off a busted foot eventually?

kumizi

Reaction score
Plot twist

Thread starter’s name is Dequinton Osborne

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
It goes without question a DT is needed.

I am unsure whether TM is the answer given the information about his tenure with Washington.

He also missed significant time due to injury during his first stint with the Cowboys.

OK. Then what's the fix at DT? Or are you fine with what they have at the 1 Tech - Price, Ash, maybe Ward and Collins coming off a busted foot eventually?

Sydla

Reaction score
It goes without question a DT is needed.

I am unsure whether TM is the answer given the information about his tenure with Washington.

He also missed significant time due to injury during his first stint with the Cowboys.

Maybe but it's not like we have a ton of options at this point.

Dwight

Reaction score
What's odd is that Marinelli saw the Tampa D up close and they always had high level DT play.

Interesting, I told a friend of mine that last year.

I’m also perplexed on why Marinelli seems to not value the position which was one of the main reasons why Tampa’s Defense was very good back in the day.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Interesting, I told a friend of mine that last year.

I’m also perplexed on why Marinelli seems to not value the position which was one of the main reasons why Tampa’s Defense was very good back in the day.
He has blocked Greg Spires and Booger McFarland out of his mind. Also Tommie Harris.