McClain Still in Play According to Stephen Jones & JG?

USMarineVet

Reaction score
If they are in fact in negotiations, sounds as if the FO is proposing a deal much like Hardy's. Two players with tremendous upside, but facing suspensions and having character issues. May take awhile to hammer this one out if it comes to be.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they are in fact in negotiations, sounds as if the FO is proposing a deal much like Hardy's. Two players with tremendous upside, but facing suspensions and having character issues. May take awhile to hammer this one out if it comes to be.

True.

But if McClain plays football this season it will be for Dallas. Don't see him playing anywhere else.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
True.

But if McClain plays football this season it will be for Dallas. Don't see him playing anywhere else.

Most likely, yes.

But I could see a team who missed out on a LB in the draft taking a shot on him after the June 1st cuts if there isn't anyone appealing to them.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most likely, yes.

But I could see a team who missed out on a LB in the draft taking a shot on him after the June 1st cuts if there isn't anyone appealing to them.

It would have to be a very desperate team– I think most see him for what he is... a head case. And I doubt he would sign with most other teams because he is... an odd bird.