McClain Still in Play According to Stephen Jones & JG?

Bluestang

Reaction score
Clarence Hill tweeted "Jason Garrett and Stepen Jones said the Cowboys are still in play for Rolando McClain. No progress but they are still in it and want him"

This seems to be contradicting to what Mike Fisher reported.

I'm not surprised though, since Fisher seems to have an issue with McClain overall. When McClain was in training camp, Fisher tried to report that McClain had seemingly walked out on the team and had quit but what actually happened was McClain took a restroom break.

I guess this is some positive news to those still holding hope for McClain's return.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Is anyone else in play as well?

If not signing with Dallas, what is he doing? Holding out hope the offers will dramatically increase?

dallasdave

Reaction score
Great news. But not surprised. His off field issues have devalued him in FA, and Cowboys' coaches and players absolutely love Ro. Just have to find that happy medium on his contract numbers.

And also a look at those concussions he had last year, send him to a good head doctor before we do a contract.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
And also a look at those concussions he had last year, send him to a good head doctor before we do a contract.

It's football, everyone has concussions. I admit, some are worse than others.

Wood

Reaction score
Dallas can probably wait until training camp to sign him. I mean there is zero market for him outside of Dallas. I thought he was dynamic at start of last year but totally unreliable toward the end and through his career.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm still expecting McClain to be back as a Cowboy. Between his history, injuries/play toward seasons end, and possible suspension i can't see anyone giving him much in FA. Why not go back to what worked for him?

Reactions: Ken

Bluestang

Reaction score
Is anyone else in play as well?

If not signing with Dallas, what is he doing? Holding out hope the offers will dramatically increase?

At the end of the season, Mickey Spags was saying that RoMc would only consider coming back if the coaching staff came back. I believe Steve Dennis was echoing the same sentiment.

Obviously Dallas has made moves without him so at this point this is no harm waiting him out.

Reactions: Ken

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Clarence Hill tweeted "Jason Garrett and Stepen Jones said the Cowboys are still in play for Rolando McClain. No progress but they are still in it and want him"

This seems to be contradicting to what Mike Fisher reported.

I'm not surprised though, since Fisher seems to have an issue with McClain overall. When McClain was in training camp, Fisher tried to report that McClain had seemingly walked out on the team and had quit but what actually happened was McClain took a restroom break.

I guess this is some positive news to those still holding hope for McClain's return.

He said it was an "indefinite bathroom break". He also reported some other unacceptable stuff that wasn't reported as it happened which is also unacceptable to me. I'm starting to look sideways at all of it, Unless I hear something from Jerry or Jason, its all relative..

Wood

Reaction score
I'm still expecting McClain to be back as a Cowboy. Between his history, injuries/play toward seasons end, and possible suspension i can't see anyone giving him much in FA. Why not go back to what worked for him?

there is no possible suspension. Its possible 4 game FINE.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas can probably wait until training camp to sign him. I mean there is zero market for him outside of Dallas. I thought he was dynamic at start of last year but totally unreliable toward the end and through his career.

maybe because his conditioning was not great. i would think he needs the off season program as much as the next guy