McClay (2017) on Rico in practice - "We can't stop him" against 1st teamers **merged**

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I agree that Rico and Romo worked better than the current Dak and Rico. He might NEVER reach his potential with Dak and the system Linnehan runs, and with every roster spot so vital, with bigger needs elsewhere, I can see the argument that says “Ditch Rico”. But we all KNOW that if we do, some NFCE team (or the Pats, Steelers or Packers) will scoop him up and develop him into a real weapon.
I tried sending you a PM toots and your mail box is full again.o_O

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dude, you have issues with Gathers. All of the "potential" talk was LAST YEAR. Do you get that?
Did I say he forgot to be unstoppable? No, I didn't.
What I am saying is that he is NOT unstoppable now.

LAST YEAR!

Garrett’s shutdown offense stopped him.

Need those adequate at best blockers out there.

raichledog

Reaction score
There is no disputing his athleticism/size. He is a monster and would be a mismatch against anyone trying to cover him. The one HUGE consideration in this "story" is that Romo was throwing him the ball. Like him or not, he was a far superior thrower than Dak. This is not a criticism of Dak so please don't go there, this is just stating the obvious, that Romo was a far superior and more accurate quarterback.

Romo made a lot of jags look like superstars.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Even Gronk gets stopped every now and then. Is this more about Rico or more about the defensive players attempting to look competent?

raichledog

Reaction score
r u saying dak cannot throw a fade at all
i think i have seen him get td's on those to dez
the dez fade was less of a threat with dak, but was that due to dez's decline?

Just my opinion, but no, it had nothing to do with Dez. The reason Dez isn't on this team is NOT that he can't still be an impact player, it is because Dak doesn't throw the kind of routes that Dez specializes in with consistent accuracy.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but no, it had nothing to do with Dez. The reason Dez isn't on this team is NOT that he can't still be an impact player, it is because Dak doesn't throw the kind of routes that Dez specializes in with consistent accuracy.

dont agree here.
dez seems to have declined substantially or he would have gotten his contract from someone

Jstopper

Reaction score
dont agree here.
dez seems to have declined substantially or he would have gotten his contract from someone

Dez Bryant has turned down contracts from 3 different teams at this point. So apparently somebody likes him