McClay and Quinn leave together?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Bob Sturm just proposed an interesting idea that Will McClay and Dan Quinn have built such a good relationship that they could be looking to present themselves as a GM/HC combo to teams (Panthers, Chargers, Commodes) looking to fill both positions.

Panthers and Chargers are reported to be interviewing McClay/Quinn to bring in both as a tandem. Sidenote: Kellen Moore is already in LA. Thoughts?

stiletto

Reaction score
Neither is leaving Dallas for Carolina. Maybe LAC...
Never know. If he is given John Lynch power, he just might. Unless someone knows McClay personally here, it is all speculation either way. I'm sure McClay feels he can fix a team like Carolina, especially if he is guaranteed a few years and full power. I'd hate to see him leave but it won't be surprising to me.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Jerry needs to realize what he has in McClay and get off his wallet.

Jerry and Stephen are definitely not top grade evaluators of talent. Just think, we could have had Johnny F. Football on this team. :facepalm:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Never know. If he is given John Lynch power, he just might. Unless someone knows McClay personally here, it is all speculation either way. I'm sure McClay feels he can fix a team like Carolina, especially if he is guaranteed a few years and full power. I'd hate to see him leave but it won't be surprising to me.
The owner in Carolina is a maniac. Makes Jerry look like Ghandi

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I have this funny feeling that Jerry is finally going to name Will McClay as the GM.

He's exorcizing demons lately. He knows he's near the end.
Is that before or after hospice was needed???

McKDaddy

Reaction score
While I appreciate the difficulty of drafting (perhaps here is more difficult due to ownership) and I think McClay deserves some credit .... it's also fairly easy to find failures too. Would it be the worst thing if we brought in some fresh blood?

DQ - Defense has been much better overall since his arrival but I can't fault him for taking another shot at HC. Nor do I think it impossible to find someone who can keep this team headed in the right direction. If someone came in & got our trenches so I wasn't worried about being gashed for 10 on every play, that would be a good start toward making me happy.

erod

Reaction score
Jerry needs to realize what he has in McClay and get off his wallet.

Jerry and Stephen are definitely not top grade evaluators of talent. Just think, we could have had Johnny F. Football on this team. :facepalm:
It's not money. Jerry is paying McClay very well, and he'd up that as needed.

This is about title, although Will has never seemed to care about that so far.