Twitter: McClay to remain with Cowboys

rambo2

Reaction score
Job security. Will is tied into the Jones Boys fate. No true accountability.

His name escapes me, but Will McClay's predecessor before Parcells? He lasted a long time for such a #%*$#*$ record.

I would want that position too.
As a group they have been doing an outstanding job. That's why the team is doing so well.

offlimits

Reaction score
Always find it funny when people "love" being here when this board always tell me how horrible Jerry Jones is.
His coaches, assistants, and front office people are some of the highest-paid in the league.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Duh!!!!!!!!! GM is entreating but Lord of the Pro and College football personnel, and being with players without the pressure of winning and losing games is better for the mind, and body.

His son is a Dallas Cowboys fan and roots are in Houston, TX. I really did not see that changing for the Panthers and Washington.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I think he is a good boss. He is just a terrible general manager.
I think of him as a guy I'd love to sit down with some beers and hear war stories.

Don't let his salesman personality fool you for a second. He can be ruthless as hell like all true successful businessmen.

Jimmy's autobiography Swagger made that point for me in some areas. The Schramm offices needed to be purged, but boy did Jerry go in hard.

And did some questionable things too like hiring Jimmy's former production assistant from Miami, had her build the Dallas Cowboys network, and then fired her when he knew enough to keep it up.

She was also one of Jimmy's peeps in that circle that infamous night when Jerry tried to toast everyone and they all looked back him in contempt, leading to the whole 1 of 500 coaches mess.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Why does this guy get a pass?
The one thing we do pretty well is draft and that seems to be mostly thanks to him. I wish we'd give him a real shot to be the actual GM and Jerry can just pretend he's making the decisions in FA.

davey999

Reaction score
The one thing we do pretty well is draft and that seems to be mostly thanks to him. I wish we'd give him a real shot to be the actual GM and Jerry can just pretend he's making the decisions in FA.
2023 draft is an all time dud. Charlton, Sam Williams, etc

Sully

Reaction score
Why does this guy get a pass?
Not to impressed with him either. Sure, it has improved.....some. But looking at the 2023 draft as a complete F
And this keep has swung a missed at trying to plug the DT in the draft with Trystan Hill ( UCF) and Mazi Smith
Team continues to be soft up the middle

Rayman70

Reaction score
Will McClay has been great. Glad he's staying. The issue ain't really Jerry either. Its the staff, its the wrong players. We been over hyped .

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
What was McClay's record when coaching the ole Desperados?

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Haha....just glanced at board and thought this ready McCarthy
I about threw my phone (even though I've already seen this post the last couple days)

Today has sucked balls