Twitter: McClay to remain with Cowboys

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Always find it funny when people "love" being here when this board always tell me how horrible Jerry Jones is.
probably just jealous of quarter billion dollar super yacht and team worth north 8 billion from 140 million investment?

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Always find it funny when people "love" being here when this board always tell me how horrible Jerry Jones is.
He’s horrible for the team success on field as far as his ego getting in the way at times, but he’s probably not horrible to actually work for.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He has the perfect gig in Dallas, when things go well he gets the credit, when the draft isn't so hot people blame Jerry.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
lol Jerrys gold truck just dropped a load at his house, so sure he is staying!
He was already very well paid. He has school age children and has stated several times he doesn’t want to uproot them. He is happy with his current job and his family is happy in Dallas. Jerry already gave him the money the first year teams came calling. He doesn’t have to increase him every year. The man just likes his current job and is treated like family by the Jones’,

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yeah, McClay already knows he will be GM in Dallas when Jerry… er… vacates the position.

He already is making a ton of money, has his family embedded in Dallas, and knows he will be GM of the premier sports team in the world. He already gets a ton of credit and the personnel team in place for Dallas has been knocking home runs.

He’s just going to wait. I said this when it came out that other team’s wanted to interview him. He’s not going anywhere.
It just a title, McClay is and has been the saving grace that has covered up a lot of mistakes made by Stephen.

Asklesko

Reaction score
As others have noted, he will likely be GM here which happens to be the most valuable one in sports AND is pretty loyal to certain people. Once Jerry goes, being GM of the Cowboys is going to be the premiere job in sports like with Tex Schramm.

Quite frankly, McClay is aiming higher.
That's funny. Jerry is still very much alive, for a lot longer too, which means it'll be a long time coming before he gets a title. Second of all, there's no guarantee Stephen will give it to him. Face facts, WM is wasting his time if that's his plan.

rambo2

Reaction score
That's funny. Jerry is still very much alive, for a lot longer too, which means it'll be a long time coming before he gets a title. Second of all, there's no guarantee Stephen will give it to him. Face facts, WM is wasting his time if that's his plan.
Will McClay hasn't been wasting his time. This is his dream job and he is a millionaire at the Star in Frisco.

irishline

Reaction score
People say he is horrible because he has a tendency to keep players and personnel too long that shouldn't be here (aka accountability). Sans Garrett who we wouldn't fire as head coach but ironically no one else wanted.

That is why some love being here because honestly they should have been let go a long time ago (not saying McClay is one of them).

A weird dichotomy, I know.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Job security. Will is tied into the Jones Boys fate. No true accountability.

His name escapes me, but Will McClay's predecessor before Parcells? He lasted a long time for such a #%*$#*$ record.

I would want that position too.