Twitter: McClay to remain with Cowboys

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has said the same thing for 3 years now. I’m not sure people understand the GMs have to deal with everything. Maybe Will just loves helping build a team and doesn’t want to have to divide his time overseeing the front office staff, ticket office, and game day stadium workers. He is paid like a GM already but only has to focus on acquiring on field talent. Sweet gig if you ask me.
Now we can go back to pretending he's the secret GM here.

rambo2

Reaction score
He has said the same thing for 3 years now. I’m not sure people understand the GMs have to deal with everything. Maybe Will just loves helping build a team and doesn’t want to have to divide his time overseeing the front office staff, ticket office, and game day stadium workers. He is paid like a GM already but only has to focus on acquiring on field talent. Sweet gig if you ask me.
It sure is working well.

erod

Reaction score
Cha-ching!

Before long, Will McClay will be making about $100 million per year and still not officially be the GM.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has all the positives of the GM title while being able to deflect blame to Jerry when bad thing happen. He has it made.
He has all the positives of the GM title except the actual authority to make a decision like a GM.

Reaction score
I watch/listen to several of the Cowboys daily podcasts and it's been mentioned often just how cushy things are for the Cowboys team and any of the affiliated professions. Apparently it's slim pickens for many of the other teams, crappy food, facilities, work spaces etc...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy on finding out that VP of player personnel Will McClay is staying in Dallas: “He’s very important to our operation, without a doubt. The most important thing to want as an organization when you know things are right is to build off the consistency. Very happy for Will personally. Because I know the amount of work he puts into this. But this is obviously great for the Dallas Cowboys.”

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watch/listen to several of the Cowboys daily podcasts and it's been mentioned often just how cushy things are for the Cowboys team and any of the affiliated professions. Apparently it's slim pickens for many of the other teams, crappy food, facilities, work spaces etc...
They have it good there as long as you're not a coach. The players are coddled. The front office operates with no accountability.