McFadden on Sportscenter

superonyx

Reaction score
I dont care how badly we need a corner.... No Pac Man. How can you guys be ok routing for him? Seriously? Have no zero standards for the people want to cheer for?
He has been a punk since college. He wont change. Even if he does i dont want a wanna be gangster playing cb for my cowboys. I would rather watch Nate Jones cover people than him.
Plus why are we acting like he is Champ Bailey? He wasnt even that good when he did play.
How many times has he been in trouble since getting suspended? Isnt he facing another trial shortly?

Come on cowboys fans. We won 13 games last year. We didnt lose in the playoffs because of our 3rd corner.

The giants didnt win the SB because of their great corners. In fact they won the SB with corners that couldnt even start on our team.

SquiggDoggs

Reaction score
superonyx;1989951 said:
I dont care how badly we need a corner.... No Pac Man. How can you guys be ok routing for him? Seriously? Have no zero standards for the people want to cheer for?
He has been a punk since college. He wont change. Even if he does i dont want a wanna be gangster playing cb for my cowboys. I would rather watch Nate Jones cover people than him.
Plus why are we acting like he is Champ Bailey? He wasnt even that good when he did play.
How many times has he been in trouble since getting suspended? Isnt he facing another trial shortly?

Come on cowboys fans. We won 13 games last year. We didnt lose in the playoffs because of our 3rd corner.

The giants didnt win the SB because of their great corners. In fact they won the SB with corners that couldnt even start on our team.

I really don't care what a player does off the field...just look at Irvin and the trouble that he was in...yet he is still loved by Cowboy fans...although I think he won his three superbowls first then started to get in trouble. Either way you could sign PacMan to a 1 or 2 year deal and see how things go...draft a CB just in case...if he shows that he wants to play and win then maybe it won't be so bad...if he gets into trouble then you let him go. Trust me there are players out there that do a lot of bad (as do we all when were young) off the field they just don't get caught. I will agree with you on the CB situation with the Giants...they stink...Hence the reason why we can trade our two first rounders...we can pick up a good CB and reciever later on...just read my entry above if you already haven't.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
yimyammer;1989589 said:
The big wow (and HUGE gamble) could be:

sign PacMan
Trade up for Dmac

Then we'd have a Mac-Pac

and trade the second and third round to trade up in the second round to get James Hardy....:starspin

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
Vinnie2u;1989886 said:
So far this week Favre wanted to be a Cowboy.. Pacman and Dmac want to be A Cowboy.

I want to be a Cowboy too.

Do you think there's any chance for a 40-something Englishman who's never played the game
:muttley:

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
ctrous25;1989868 said:
yes should have been more specific sorry

No problem, thanks for clarifying.

The interesting thing in your report was Michael Smith now saying it won't take MB3 to do the deal. I'm surprised that point hasn't generated more discussion in this thread.

FWIW, Michael Smith generally comes across as a knowledgeable NFL reporter for ESPN.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
SquiggDoggs;1990031 said:
I really don't care what a player does off the field...just look at Irvin and the trouble that he was in...yet he is still loved by Cowboy fans...although I think he won his three superbowls first then started to get in trouble. Either way you could sign PacMan to a 1 or 2 year deal and see how things go...draft a CB just in case...if he shows that he wants to play and win then maybe it won't be so bad...if he gets into trouble then you let him go. Trust me there are players out there that do a lot of bad (as do we all when were young) off the field they just don't get caught. I will agree with you on the CB situation with the Giants...they stink...Hence the reason why we can trade our two first rounders...we can pick up a good CB and reciever later on...just read my entry above if you already haven't.

:thumbup:

cowheel

Reaction score
jobberone;1989832 said:
You can't avoid having to draft a CB high. Doesn't matter if they sign Springs and get Pacman. You can't depend on Pacman. You have to have draft choices and that is how you build a team that competes year in and out. Pacman is a huge gamble. Even after a year of play without incident he will still not be trusted well.

I would have no problem at all trading a 5th for Pacman...
trading our 2 #1s to move up to get McFadden (that is of course if he slides past 5)... and drafting a CB in the 2nd.

I'd rather do that than draft a bust of a receiver in the 1st or 2nd round.
I'd wait til the 3rd round and target a speedy WR/PR if there is one worth taking.

I just don't see the urgency of drafting a receiver this year---
after using that top of the 4th pick on Stanback...
coupled with the fact that Hurd and Crayton have made plays...
...and the remote possiblity that Glenn could return.

Of course I know that we need speed...
but i don't understand the logic of using a high draft pick on an Ashley Lelie/Troy Williamson type that would be battling to win the job as our 3rd threat in the passing game.

The only way I would draft a receiver in the 1st round was if there was a guy you thought could be a premier receiver.
An in my opinion.... i just don't think a guy like that would be available at the bottom of the 1st round.
There is a reason why that guy is still there.
And the biggest possible reason is that he isn't that good!

superonyx

Reaction score
SquiggDoggs;1990031 said:

I do care what a player does off the field. And i know if we really knew many of the players in the nfl off the field it would become much harder to route for them on the field. I really want this team to win another championship and if pacman jones was the missing piece to the puzzle for sure then i may try to look the other way at the type of person that he is. But he isnt and never was all that great anyway. Its not like we are talking about Dion Sanders in his prime. In fact he isnt even good enough to start for the cowboys. So why watch and cheer for a guy that wants to be a thug? basically people like pacman jones are the biggest losers their are. He is given natural physical talent to make so much money that his kids will never have to work hard a day in their lives. He should never have to worry about the mortgage being paid, or if the kids are going to have a nice christmas ect. Instead he decides to take the money and use it in ways that lead to people getting shot and paralyzed. Has he ever apologized to the man in the wheel chair for the rest of his life. Or the man kids that are not going to be able to have a catch with their father? No... he has not and never will. The only reason he is trying to act different now is he wants more money so he can act like a thug again.
I say f**k him. I hope he never gets reinstated. He has had enough chances. And i will never route for a guy like that wearing the star on his helmet. Playing for the cowboys is an honor. One that he doesnt deserve.