Video: McFadden picking up the blitz, literally

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Dez ran a post, Romo threw a fade, and you want a slant......

I agree that slant would've been the most optimal thing to do there.. Or JAson Witten on a drag route to the left might've been even simpler.

Regardless, it's just more signs of a poorly coached team.

Even before the play Romo was looking at the sidelines like there was some type of miscommunication.

We're just so so sloppy and poorly coached on offense.
I think Romo was trying to just throw it away at that point. (and he hung it up there too much)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I do not understand why we have so little of Bryant crossing the field.

We didn't do it much with TO either.

Bryant and TO are 2 of the better YAC receivers that I've ever seen but JG insists on getting them vertical because that is what fits his scheme and not what best fits those players.

Don't worry though.. Dez will still put up great numbers that gives the Garrett fan boys a leg to stand on.

RomoFor6

Reaction score
Just looked at his stats, confirming what I already knew. 3.9 YPC this year? Absymal. I know defensed played the run first few months of the season but I expect minimum 4.5 behind this line.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score

I agree that slant would've been the most optimal thing to do there.. Or JAson Witten on a drag route to the left might've been even simpler.

Even before the play Romo was looking at the sidelines like there was some type of miscommunication.

I couldn't disagree more. Mistakes happen. To every team. Every pass play has a built in hot route. But when the players don't execute it, for whatever reasons, that's on the players, not the coaches. I don't know who has the hot responsibility on that play. I have to assume it was Dez since that is where Tony looked at when the ball was snapped. Seems everyone on the field did what they should have done except Dez. Then Tony compounded the mistake by throwing the ball as he was falling back. It was a poorly executed play by our best two players. I don't know how that is a reflection of the coaches, unless you are saying we shouldn't trust the best two players to make the play that is there to be made.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more. Mistakes happen. To every team. Every pass play has a built in hot route. But when the players don't execute it, for whatever reasons, that's on the players, not the coaches. I don't know who has the hot responsibility on that play. I have to assume it was Dez since that is where Tony looked at when the ball was snapped. Seems everyone on the field did what they should have done except Dez. Then Tony compounded the mistake by throwing the ball as he was falling back. It was a poorly executed play by our best two players. I don't know how that is a reflection of the coaches, unless you are saying we shouldn't trust the best two players to make the play that is there to be made.

I agree the part where Dez screwed up was prior to the INT pass being thrown. Romo was planning on getting it to Dez quick but had to wait because Dez didn't do what Tony expected. But Tony also acknowledged after the game he should have ate the ball and settled for a FG there.

It happens and Ro's big pick 6 negated the sting of that play. Both guys will learn from it and move on as they already have.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Mcfadden also made a nice tackle on that play while being chop blocked. If he had not made that play, it was a fast DB mostly against a bunch of lineman. It was one of the key plays of the game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Sorry but I disagree.

I've seen years and years of miscommunication with different rosters to know that it is not the players.

The Cowboys are a sloppy undisciplined football team and it's just another thing Romo has to overcome.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

A man still got to Romo, but that was nice..

Gotta give it to him. He's staying healthy. Everyone knew the talent was there. The endurance? Some can say the jury is still out (because technically it is) but I was very impressed with his ability to man up even after having the groin tweak last week.

cowboys2233

Reaction score

Or...after this much time in the system, Dez should know *** he is supposed to do. How about that? The fact that this man is still making these types of mistakes is disheartening. He doesn't even know what to do when a blitz is called? Call me crazy, but maybe Dez needs to wake the F up?

alohawg

Reaction score
Mcfadden also made a nice tackle on that play while being chop blocked. If he had not made that play, it was a fast DB mostly against a bunch of lineman. It was one of the key plays of the game.

Some said coming out of high school he was a better db than rb as he played both ways. But yeah, I noticed that too, big tackle there.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Dez needs to be better than he was on that play, but Tony made the critical mistake. I was very surprised by how this whole play worked out. Tony will get sharper and I think Dez will as well. Dez has not played a whole lot of football this season.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Wait. How does that fit with Garrett is an idiot?"

It doesn't but that group would watch a player run 98 yards and fumble on the one without contact and they would blame that on Garrett for not teaching ball security.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Or...after this much time in the system, Dez should know *** he is supposed to do. How about that? The fact that this man is still making these types of mistakes is disheartening. He doesn't even know what to do when a blitz is called? Call me crazy, but maybe Dez needs to wake the F up?

No No NO, you don't understand. Expecting players to be able to execute their assignments doesn't fit the agenda.