Twitter: McGovern eventually taking over the center job?

terra

Reaction score
There is no positions so debated and so often found wrong here as those on the O line.

Now of course the coaches make it worse as sometimes their decisions are truly mystifying.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If the starter gets hurt then someone has to snap it. They probably just wanted to look at all their options.
But if you’re giving in game reps to Connor that would suggest he’s your backup. McGovern should’ve been getting preseason snaps at center with the other 1s.

terra

Reaction score
Maybe, but it could be that the know he’s probably the 3rd best lineman on the team and having him on the bench is silly.
Now that is BS. The three best are clearly Martin, Tyron and Collins. I am constantly amazed at how people let their hatred and favoritism cloud what little judgement they have.
No matter what one might think of Collins he is a better O lineman than McGovern.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I don’t understand though if this is the route they wanted to go in why in the hell did we have to sit through Conner struggling with hiking the ball in preseason?

It was preseason.. That's the perfect time to take a peek at it. Once it proved to not be working I think McGovern and the rook (Ball?) was always the fallback. But I had no problem with them taking a look at Williams in preseason. I think they wanted to see if they could justify re-signing him owing to his "versatility." Once he fell on his face as a snapper his exit from Dallas at the end of this year became pretty much written in stone. McGovern is the stronger player at guard and obviously despite his struggles at times, Biadasz is clearly better at center.

HungryLion

Reaction score
McGovern is gonna be a starter very soon, one way or another. Whether it’s at center, or next year at guard if Williams leaves.

I think Biadasz may be on a short leash.

I will say, I believe overall the OL is playing very well. Especially at run blocking. So they may be hesitant to “upset the Apple cart” so to speak.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I don’t understand though if this is the route they wanted to go in why in the hell did we have to sit through Conner struggling with hiking the ball in preseason?

Williams was only practicing as an emergency center if needed during a game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
But if you’re giving in game reps to Connor that would suggest he’s your backup. McGovern should’ve been getting preseason snaps at center with the other 1s.

Its preseason. They’re just trying things out.

McGovern played center for a year in college I believe so they probably know what they have their.

They probably wish Connor Williams could play center and McGovern at LG but Connor Williams is probably not very good at Center.

quickccc

Reaction score
Nothing or is the writing on the wall for Biadascz?

Like, .. how come we are just now training up McGovern at center, instead of jumping on this in OTAs, camp, preseason when he could've used
the live trench experience very early on ?

Williams couldve had his share at center, but McGovern couldve had his reps at center too.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Nothing or is the writing on the wall for Biadascz?

This is great news because it should light a fire under the beard 2 *** knowing somebody is going to take your job. I think he is going to replace Williams at guard.

quickccc

Reaction score
If Tyler gets hurt or dinged, who else is there to fall back on ?
- Williams and his bad snap adventures ?
- McGovern who hasn't had any live game rep at center at the NFL level yet ?
- The rookie center Matt Farniok, ? .. has he even been game day activated the past few weeks ?