Twitter: McGovern eventually taking over the center job?

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Nothing or is the writing on the wall for Biadascz?

McCarthy needs to make this happen. In the NFC Championship Game, we will see Vita Vae and Suh again. Biadascz needs to spend the rest of the year with the team's strength and conditioning coaches. He's not that dude.

#IMissTravisFrederick

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I wouldn't be too surprised if Connor McGovern were to arrive at a point where he'd be able to replace either/or Guard, Connor Williams or Center, Tyler Biadasz on the OL. It's all about competition and utilizing the best man for the job. He's likely versatile and talented enough to do so, if need be. After all, he's even good enough to serve as a blocking fullback lately. That's quite impressive for someone of his size. ;)

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe, but it could be that the know he’s probably the 3rd best lineman on the team and having him on the bench is silly.
At most it would be 4th best (Martin, Smith & Collins - although Collins is out of the loop for a number of games), but even so, doesn't it seem a little odd they have just figured that out 4 games into his 3rd season and had Williams starting at LG the whole time?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
If he’s next years then he should be this years as well.

They’re probably keeping Connor Williams is my guess.

I think they’d like to. But I don’t think they’ll be able to afford to.

Creeper

Reaction score
Biadasz played much better last week, but the DTs on the Panthers are not Hargrave and Cox. I am willing to live with Biadasz a C for a bit longer but not with Connor Williams at LG. The two together are a bad combination in the middle.

quickccc

Reaction score
I remember several comments during the preseason about McGovern’s snapping problems. He was struggling with snapping due to his technique. From what I have read, Williams was much better, but he certainly wasn’t starting material for the center position and he was better than McGovern.

No , you seem to have the Connor names mixed up, ..it was Williams that was taking the center reps during the preseason .. not McGovern.
McGovern has only just starting training on center reps under Philibin a couple of weeks ago. :oops:

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
He’s only good because he knows his assignment and he does the right thing.

If I’m on the opposing team he’s the guy I want to go against because he’s soft.

Biadasz is the true weak link on OL right.

An OL that is kicking ace and completely dominating on the ground.

Last edited:

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
When Collins returns, you put him at LG, then have McGovern / Williams / Badass fight it over for the Center position.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
At this point, Williams is better than Biadasz. And McGovern might be better than both of them. If we wanted to get the best 5 on the field, we should be trying to put McGovern at C (or Williams at C and McGovern at LG).

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think they will stay with Biadasz a while longer and continue to work and develop him. If he is not showing the improvement they want then at some point McGovern very well could be asked to take over at center.