Twitter: McGovern eventually taking over the center job?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
And that’s probably why they tried Williams BUT Frederick wasn’t the quickest but what he could do is keep the pocket in front of the QB clean.

Fredbeard is levels smarter, understood angles/leverage and quicker snapping then engaging.

And he was strong like a **.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Probably. He’s not that good though. He may develop into a better player but right now he’s kinda meh.

Our pass blocking up the middle has been wishy washy at times too Watching the interior get thrown back into Dak’s lap is a bit of a concern.

That happen against Vita twice and Hargrove once, other than that he has been pretty good.

Didn’t the coaches already prove all these internet GM and coaches that they have more insight of these players to make a much better decision then us fans on a forum. Just look at the outrageous post about putting Steele at RT instead of moving Zach out there.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Fredbeard is levels smarter, understood angles/leverage and quicker snapping then engaging.

And he was strong like a **.

Im trying to think of a 2 letter word that he could be as strong as that would get bleeped out.

conner01

Reaction score
If Tyler gets hurt or dinged, who else is there to fall back on ?
- Williams and his bad snap adventures ?
- McGovern who hasn't had any live game rep at center at the NFL level yet ?
- The rookie center Matt Farniok, ? .. has he even been game day activated the past few weeks ?
Farniok looked good in pre season but I believe he only played one game at center in college

Reactions: BAT

conner01

Reaction score
Because he is better.

It’s odd that McGovern is easily one of their best 5 and probably their 3rd best lineman and yet they find ways to keep him off the field.

It’s gotta be frustrating for him.
Didn’t I read somewhere MCGovern snaps left handed?
That could be why they tried CW earlier

jnday

Reaction score
Not so fast.

I remember several comments during the preseason about McGovern’s snapping problems. He was struggling with snapping due to his technique. From what I have read, Williams was much better, but he certainly wasn’t starting material for the center position and he was better than McGovern.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm all for cross training McGovern, and he was solid at PSU playing C. Interesting they aren't targeting #66 to play RG. Philbin and company have been doing an excellent job, so if they do make a move it would be scary if the OL gets even better.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
That happen against Vita twice and Hargrove once, other than that he has been pretty good.

Didn’t the coaches already prove all these internet GM and coaches that they have more insight of these players to make a much better decision then us fans on a forum. Just look at the outrageous post about putting Steele at RT instead of moving Zach out there.
Yeah that is what makes stud defensive lineman studs. If they got shut out every game then they wouldn't be studs.

So some people just overreact whenever an all pro D lineman makes a play. Our guy sucks and the guy sitting on the bench is better, because he sat on the bench the whole game and never got beat.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Connor Williams is much better than people give him credit for

He’s only good because he knows his assignment and he does the right thing.

If I’m on the opposing team he’s the guy I want to go against because he’s soft.

conner01

Reaction score
To potentially upgrade the entire unit.

Connor Williams is just weak and can be manhandled at times and he starts holding.
He’s had 14 holding calls in 41 starts
He’s not Martin but he’s a solid guard
Next year he will be a solid guard gor someone else

johneric8

Reaction score
Probably. He’s not that good though. He may develop into a better player but right now he’s kinda meh.

Our pass blocking up the middle has been wishy washy at times too Watching the interior get thrown back into Dak’s lap is a bit of a concern.
Dude, every center gets thrown back into the QB from time to time.. We are tops of the league running up the middle and it's no coincidence that our starting center excels at that... Nothing is ever perfect, but sometimes you gotta research a player to understand his value and be a bit more patient.. I can assure you, he will be YOUR starting center, and will continue to improve.