McGovern is messing up the run game

fivetwos

Reaction score
The dudes assignment was to double team one player with Biadasz.

He STILL managed to trip over Tyrons bad ankle and fell on him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
what about LT ? Which is even more important?

We need both lol, but I think LG is more pressing. We have Ball who hasn't made an appearance yet, so we don't know what he can do yet. I think if we are to try to retool our running game, LG should be more pressing. We have about, I suspect, 2-3 more good years left with Tyron. I think a mid round pick as a bandaid for him would be good, but I wouldn't necessarily take a 1st round pick on a LT this draft.

Beaker42

Reaction score
The penalties definitely the reason Williams saw the bench. And I’m assuming since his status is a UFA at the end of the year, the staff saw an opening to also insert McGovern into the lineup and judge him for the future.
We just need to cut McGovern. He’s garbage.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
All I hear is McGovern doesn't commit as many penalties: Pretty hard to hold your man when he's 3 yards behind you blowing up the run play.

Reactions: CWR

fivetwos

Reaction score
Williams handled the demotion very well BTW.

We need to draft a guy who can start at LG right away and eventually become the LT......if anyone can find the next Flozell Adams.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I’ll agree McGovern is a problem.

however, 4 games prior to McGovern starting: 392 rushing yards.

4 games with McGovern: 414 yards rushing

the run game issues are far deeper than just him.
That’s skewed because of one huge run by pollard it’s actually pretty similar

BobSacamano

Reaction score
McG is so bad, Zeke had to help him up after the 2pt conversion against WFT, because he got pancaked by the DL.

This isn’t 2002 anymore. The 3 year rule for rookies is irrelevant. You are what you are and McG is a fullback.

JBS

Reaction score
Pick your poison. Worst run blocker in the nfl or the most penalized lineman in the nfl?

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Neither Connor is very good. It’s pick your poison. At least McGovern doesn’t commit as many penalties.
He can't commit penalties because we can't move the dam ball. Our offense is dead.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
The penalties definitely the reason Williams saw the bench. And I’m assuming since his status is a UFA at the end of the year, the staff saw an opening to also insert McGovern into the lineup and judge him for the future.
100% agree, they wanted to see what they had in him. It makes sense for them to experiment i dont fault the staff for it. Williams is a penalty machine, and media pressure probably played a role because they kept asking about McGovern at LG.