McGovern is messing up the run game

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Well, probably not just him, but Dallas needs to reinsert Williams ASAP. The experiment is over.

This was evident 5 games ago.

What is Philbin, KM and MM not seeing????

Never should have demoted CW.

The OL was humming before coaches decided to play musical chairs with most critical unit on offense.

stiletto

Reaction score
Experiment over... get the best 5 out there ASAP even if that means moving Collins to LG!!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I don't think we even need stats to prove it. You can clearly see it on the field. Williams got ripped around here but the line was performing better with him in it.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Front Office, Coaches, whoever is responsible for messing with the OL continuity really pooped the bed. Wholesale changes to a unit that relies on muscle memory through coordinated movement made no sense. Steele was doing fine and Williams is better than Mcgovern.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Front Office, Coaches, whoever is responsible for messing with the OL continuity really pooped the bed. Wholesale changes to a unit that relies on muscle memory through coordinated movement made no sense. Steele was doing fine and Williams is better than Mcgovern.

Exactly. I'm willing to put up with a couple Williams penalties over watching McGovern get blasted backwards into the backfield on every other play.

CWR

Reaction score
Well, probably not just him, but Dallas needs to reinsert Williams ASAP. The experiment is over.

Someone wake up the coaches. They have enough talent for this to be a productive line. They appear to be botching it currently.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think this confirms McGovern cannot play on the left side now or even after this season

Reactions: BAT

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

I got into some ugly back-and-forth with a fellow poster (whom I respect) that Connor Williams was not the problem.

I hate it when time proves me right. :rolleyes:

Tussinman

Reaction score
I can't remember who it was that rolled up on Smith. Wouldn't be surprised if it was McGovern.
It was McGovern. He got beat immediately off the snap and then basically took a knee on Smiths ankle

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I got into some ugly back-and-forth with a fellow poster (whom I respect) that Connor Williams was not the problem.

I hate it when time proves me right. :rolleyes:

Lol….you got proven so wrong on Williams it’s not even close.

only thing we can say about Williams is that McGovern might be worse. Which says nothing.

your hero still has played so poorly that he got benched. And he’s hasn’t replaced Biadasz either which was another complete whiff.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Lol….you got proven so wrong on Williams it’s not even close.

only thing we can say about Williams is that McGovern might be worse. Which says nothing.

your hero still has played so poorly that he got benched. And he’s hasn’t replaced Biadasz either which was another complete whiff.
You argued for McGotothebench? Haha no coming back from that one.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I think this goes deeper than one guys performance vs another. Connor has owned that job for a few years and seems like a smart guy. There's a struggling young center playing next to that position and my guess is Williams was helping some with the line calls. That unit has been as leaky as the Titanic since McG came in. From a physical standpoint you would think McG would have the edge so what gives?

links18

Reaction score

Just about everyone was crying to replace C. Williams. Jerry probably heard it one too many times and ordered the change.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

LOL...the kid has only been starting the last 4 games and you want to boot him already and blame him for all woes Dallas Cowboys? You are an idiot. He has played 293 offensive snaps the last 4 weeks offensively and 445 total offensive snaps this season......compare that to the 629 snaps by Connor Williams this season,

Some guys want to blame anyone but the real problem on offense.