McGovern is messing up the run game

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PFF gave his run blocking a grade of 40.7........... which is putrid.

I think we need to go OL in round 1 nest year. Too many weak links. Sure wish we would have taken Creed Humphrey instead of that kentucky kid in round 2.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol….you got proven so wrong on Williams it’s not even close.

only thing we can say about Williams is that McGovern might be worse. Which says nothing.

your hero still has played so poorly that he got benched. And he’s hasn’t replaced Biadasz either which was another complete whiff.
Biadasz needs to be replaced. Weak link right in the Center of our Oline. The results on tape are proving it. Even PFF agrees.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
PFF gave his run blocking a grade of 40.7........... which is putrid.

I think we need to go OL in round 1 nest year. Too many weak links. Sure wish we would have taken Creed Humphrey instead of that kentucky kid in round 2.
Don't need to waste anymore 1st round picks on Olinemen. With a much better Oline Coach, very good Olinemen can be taken in them mid rounds of the draft.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Exactly. I'm willing to put up with a couple Williams penalties over watching McGovern get blasted backwards into the backfield on every other play.

And his run blocking was equally as pathetic.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Exactly. I'm willing to put up with a couple Williams penalties over watching McGovern get blasted backwards into the backfield on every other play.

Can you post some pictures of him getting blasted backwards every other play?

I'll keep an open mind but I think you have overstated.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I knew it was a mistake to put McGovern in Williams' place from the beginning. I'm hoping they figure this out as well.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm hoping they put Williams back in. I dont want to hate on McGovern, but he still needs to develop. Let him play a gadget role/fb where he excelled. Tyler Biadasz was actually doing 5x better the last few weeks Williams was in the game. As I watch the games back McGovern struggles heavily with his reach and down blocks, which means your C often cant do his job or get to the 2nd level.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
Hopefully Williams' benching helps focus him on avoiding multiple holding penalties and he can get back to work.
Most importantly, it seems like Dak became skittish the moment Williams was taken out of the lineup. I’m willing to bet the run game improves AND the passing game improves once Connor Williams is reinserted.

It would be great to see him back this week and through the Super Bowl run.

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
Funny. We couldn’t run against the Bucs either. Maybe it was because McGovern was playing for Zach and not the Bucs front four.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Can you post some pictures of him getting blasted backwards every other play?

I'll keep an open mind but I think you have overstated.

Yes, I did overstate, and badly. But the bottom line is McGovern has been a downgrade from Williams. That much can't be denied.

RonWashington

Reaction score
A 52 love fest . Holding penalty’s like parking tickets and at the worst times but we got to have him back . He won’t make a bit of difference with a bum knee Zeke and a run Clement between the tackles Kellen Moore .