McShay: 'Dallas is obsessed' with drafting RB; trading up for Bijan Robinson 'wouldn't shock me'

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I don't think McShay has a freakin' clue what this team wants.

But.....if they want to trade up to get Bijon, then this should cause the people that post on this site to file a class action lawsuit to get Jethro and Little Anus out of control.

I'd rather have Charlotte making decisions than either one of those arse clowns.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I get your point but there hasn't been another RB with Barry Sander unique physical abilities.

There aren't any Deions at CB...
Yeah extremely unique, which is why I can only describe him as magical.

Spottswoode

Reaction score
My theory as to why no one will ever be Barry Sanders again is because freakish athleticism is now the ho-hum norm..

Barry Sanders was a magician. But would he stand out today? At 5'8" 200lbs, I wonder.
I agree, the athleticism today is off the charts. We have 260# DE’s (Oweh) running 4.36 and 300# DT’s (Q. Williams) running 4.83.
I still think Sanders would be a magician today.

I get your point but there hasn't been another RB with Barry Sander unique physical abilities.

There aren't any Deions at CB...
Agree…Diggs style of play in ‘21 felt Deion-ish but they are not in the same class athletically. Deion was a unicorn.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Robinson is probably at least in the top 5 as far as overall best player in this draft. He's the best RB in this class by a wide margin. And he's a super high character prospect as well. We need a new bell cow running back. He is also very good at catching the ball and would really help out in the passing game coming out of the back field and also the slot too. I'd absolutely love to draft this kid.

But I wouldn't trade up for him.
As much as he would be a huge asset for us, we'd suffer else where for it. We have too many needs to lose the picks it would take to go get him. Missing out on an opportunity to draft a top tier OG, LB, CB, WR, DE or DT for the best RB, when there are so many other very capable RB's in this class, isn't a great idea.
There’s no guarantee at 26 we will get a player.

gtb1943

Reaction score
missed playoffs last year. lost in first round of playoffs the year before. lost in first round of playoffs the year before that.

and then there is Barkley..size, speed, pass catching. last year was his first time ever in the playoffs. only because Jones picked up his play.
Miles sanders played in the superbowl. is he a game changer? KC won the superbowl had the 25th highest runner.
Moving the goal posts

You were claiming that no TOP 3 RB was making the playoffs and clearly that is FALSE. Considering they made the playoffs the previous two years, it sort of makes your claim absolute garbage.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke didn't change the trajectory of the franchise however. In 2014, the Cowboys were 12-4, won the NFCE and did that all with a TB that was a third round pick. They won a playoff game and got bounced.

After the team added Zeke using a Top 5 pick guess what? The team never got any further than the Murray-led Cowboys did. So yes, while Zeke had some great years the reality is he wasn't a needle mover for the franchise. He was a great player at a position where you probably could have survived using lesser resources and plowing prime resources into more important positions.
There's the rub, the assumption that other players of more significance would be chosen.

This is a follow the ball GM, always has been and just because he gets a pretty thang with Parsons doesn't change anything. Offense is entertainment, defense is not unless they're making picks or sacks.

When the St. Louis Rams won the SB, did they talk about the #1 ranked D or even the team as a whole or was it The Greatest Show on Turf? Booger dreams of that because that's PT Barnum stuff.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think Gibbs will be there at 26. I think several other RBs that are very good will be there later. They're not Robinson, but good enough to make the impact the Cowboys need. That said, if Bijan is still there after pick 15, look for Jerry to do the unthinkable.

In all likelihood Jerry just sits there at 26. The last time they moved up for a player was Morris Claiborne I believe. How long ago was that?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Moving the goal posts

You were claiming that no TOP 3 RB was making the playoffs and clearly that is FALSE. Considering they made the playoffs the previous two years, it sort of makes your claim absolute garbage.
top 3 RBs in 2022

1. Josh Jacobs - 1653 yards
  2. Derek Henry - 1583 yds
  3. Nick Chubb - 1525 yds
  4. Barkely - 1312 yds

top 3 didn't make the playoffs.

DanA

Reaction score
If Bijan Robinson gets taken by the 15th pick, the Cowboys might decide to trade up to try to get Jahmyr Gibbs. Those 2 are the only ones worthy of a 1st round pick, and they are the only ones who can seriously change the game positively for your Offense while putting a scare on opposing Defenses.

If the Cowboys don't trade up but decide to pass up on getting a RB with their 1st round pick due to Bijan and Jahmyr already being long gone (picked by other teams), I believe the Cowboys will address the RB position in the 3rd or 4th round.
I'd feel better about trading up in the 2nd for Charbonnet than trading up in the 1st for Bijan. I also think the way he runs is a much better compliment for Pollard but really, I'd be even happier still if we did neither and just took Rashon Johnson later

baltcowboy

Reaction score
100% agree…
However, we don’t know where they have guards ranked. If they went guard at 26, they likely didn’t have him ranked around 50.
I mean you can tell by looking at them play that Avila and Torrance are not then Tyler at guard or Badacz at center. Solid players that are only second round prospects because of the draft is weak.

gtb1943

Reaction score
top 3 RBs in 2022

1. Josh Jacobs - 1653 yards
  2. Derek Henry - 1583 yds
  3. Nick Chubb - 1525 yds
  4. Barkely - 1312 yds

top 3 didn't make the playoffs.
Only an idiot takes one year and claims its a trend.

Go back, if you dare and I know you won't, and find just how many times over the last 10 years when none of the top 3 RBs made the playoffs.

But you won't.

Spottswoode

Reaction score
I mean you can tell by looking at them play that Avila and Torrance are not then Tyler at guard or Badacz at center. Solid players that are only second round prospects because of the draft is weak.
I wasn’t disagreeing with you.

You originally said you don’t take at a top 50 guard at 26.

My point was if the Cowboys agree with your assessment of their value, there should be no worry of them being drafted at 26. I don’t know how the Cowboys grade them.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Dallas will have to trade up to get Bijan Robinson. There is simply no way that Philadelphia, if they pass on Robinson at #10, would sit idly by and not trade up in front of Dallas at #26 to get Robinson. If Dallas wants Robinson, it will cost a 1st & 3rd round pick to move up, and possibly a 1st & 2nd to get into range to get him.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Dallas will have to trade up to get Bijan Robinson. There is simply no way that Philadelphia, if they pass on Robinson at #10, would sit idly by and not trade up in front of Dallas at #26 to get Robinson. If Dallas wants Robinson, it will cost a 1st & 3rd round pick to move up, and possibly a 1st & 2nd to get into range to get him.
If we’re smart that’s the easiest decision of the draft.

Hard freaking pass.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Only an idiot takes one year and claims its a trend.

Go back, if you dare and I know you won't, and find just how many times over the last 10 years when none of the top 3 RBs made the playoffs.

But you won't.
OMG, you can't be this you know what!!!

2022 - top 3 rushers - 0 made the playoffs
2021 - top 3 rushers, 1 made the playoffs
2020 - top 3 rushers - 1 made the playoffs
2019 - top 3 rushers - 2 made the playoffs
2018 - top 3 rushers - 2 made the playoffs
2017 - top 3 rushers - 3 made the playoffs
2016 - top 3 rushers - 1 made the playoffs
2015 - top 3 rushers - 1 made the playoffs

and on and on and on...NONE made the superbowl. 24 total, 11 made playoffs....three made past the first round of playoffs. you can do the rest of it yourself. the evidence is clear

DONE! mic drop

Sydla

Reaction score
OMG, you can't be this you know what!!!

2022 - top 3 rushers - 0 made the playoffs
2021 - top 3 rushers, 1 made the playoffs
2020 - top 3 rushers - 1 made the playoffs
2019 - top 3 rushers - 2 made the playoffs
2018 - top 3 rushers - 2 made the playoffs
2017 - top 3 rushers - 3 made the playoffs
2016 - top 3 rushers - 1 made the playoffs
2015 - top 3 rushers - 1 made the playoffs

and on and on and on...NONE made the superbowl. 24 total, 11 made playoffs....three made past the first round of playoffs. you can do the rest of it yourself. the evidence is clear

DONE! mic drop
The evidence continues to mount that while running the ball has importance, you don't have to plow top assets into the running back position to get it.

But guys just fall in love with the flashiness of TBs and here we are. Jerry is cut from that same cloth which is why I fear he might even do something dumb like trade up to chase Robinson.

You want to help the offense?

- Fix the OL in this draft. A strong OL will give you a strong run game AND protect Dak and help the passing game

I have little doubt that if some guys were the GM here and Robinson was available and Darnell Wright was available, they'd take the TB over a potential elite OL.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Running back is a need.

But what "we see" is that teams build running games without investing a ton into the running back position. So no, we don't need to use a first round pick on a TB to fix the running game. We certainly don't need to blow through a bunch of quality picks to go trade up for one. This is a very deep draft at TB. Be patient. There will be guys available in the 3rd, 4th and even 5th rounds that have the potential to make impacts as rookies.

Chasing a TB in the first round us just so stupid.
It would nice if they could get a good left guard and a running back or a good tight end and a running back.

Last edited: