McShay Invitational Draft and Trade Chatter Thread

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All good, sorry to snipe back.(been a long week); Mom just had a stroke and is at St. Mary's in West Palm and I got laid off for the Covid-19 crap with five dogs and bills coming in left and right. You know how it is. Everybody's in a bind and we're all trying to get through. All good brother.
Take care.
Sorry to hear about your Mom. I'm sure she's a fighter
I closed my business a month ago. Tjmes are tough and its frustrating I know. Hang in there brother, this bad time WILL pass. We are all in this together

Skybox22

Reaction score
Beat?
It's 1.30am and I was good for a few more hours.
I could go on also.( I could go on for the next 24 hours, doesn't bother me). But I think we were losing interest and people were just tired. Refresh tomorrow and knock it out. People are just tired that's all. No biggie.

Skybox22

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your Mom. I'm sure she's a fighter
I closed my business a month ago. Tjmes are tough and its frustrating I know. Hang in there brother, this bad time WILL pass. We are all in this together
Thank you. She's such a wonderful person (She's my mom, a loving mom), so I appreciate your kind words. It really means a lot. She's the coolest person ever. Thank you, thank you. Have a blessed night with your family. I'll think of you and them. Thanks for your thoughts.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Sorry, had to run to the store. The draft was moving so slow, I thought I would be back in time. I sent tm my pick.

tm1119

Reaction score
By the way...3 of the next 5 picks coming up are going to be board votes. Steelers, Bears, and Rams. I have picks for both the Jets and Cardinals already so all 3 board votes are going to come quickly. Start preparing please...and in general because I hope to be on pick 53 by 12:15 at the latest.

We need to do better in the board vote area in general though, we wasted a bunch of unnecessary time there. I’d rather just discuss it instead of everyone throwing out random names...just layout general team needs and who the top available at those positions are. I think it’s easier than 7 people voting for 5 different players.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
By the way...3 of the next 5 picks coming up are going to be board votes. Steelers, Bears, and Rams. I have picks for both the Jets and Cardinals already so all 3 board votes are going to come quickly. Start preparing please...and in general because I hope to be on pick 53 by 12:15 at the latest.

We need to do better in the board vote area in general though, we wasted a bunch of unnecessary time there. I’d rather just discuss it instead of everyone throwing out random names...just layout general team needs and who the top available at those positions are. I think it’s easier than 7 people voting for 5 different players.
That's fair.

morasp

Reaction score
Draft Show host: "So Lance, what do you think of the Seahawks pick Zack Baun?"

Lance:
Ascending prospect whose explosive production on the field has begun to mirror his explosive athletic traits. Baun's twitchy get-off and deep bend at the edge is nightmare fuel for Big Ten tackles and he's still at the early stages of pass rush development. He is aggressive to flow downhill in run support, has sideline-to-sideline range and is fluid dropping into coverage. He's strong but a little light as an edge-setter so teams will need to figure out how best to align him. Baun is a scheme-diverse linebacker with high-impact potential whose best days are ahead of him.
Strengths
  • Twitchy and explosive
  • Ill-tempered striking on display against Ohio State
  • Lateral slide quickness to close running lanes from backside
  • Rush zombie with good secondary rush motor
  • Quick hands to punch and play around blocks
  • Speed and athleticism to cover RBs and match up with TEs in space
  • Smooth drops and fluid hips amplify zone cover radius
  • Good tackle range with speed to go get them
  • Flexible and strong to maintain balance through contact
  • Proper sink and extension to set a solid edge
  • Agility and suddenness to expand his reach as open-field tackler
  • Dangerous burst and bend whips tardy tackles around the edge
  • Quick trigger to create disruption in backfield
  • Good rip-and-run to flatten and attack the pocket

Londonboy

Reaction score
Draft Show host: "So Lance, what do you think of the Seahawks pick Zack Baun?"

Lance:
Ascending prospect whose explosive production on the field has begun to mirror his explosive athletic traits. Baun's twitchy get-off and deep bend at the edge is nightmare fuel for Big Ten tackles and he's still at the early stages of pass rush development. He is aggressive to flow downhill in run support, has sideline-to-sideline range and is fluid dropping into coverage. He's strong but a little light as an edge-setter so teams will need to figure out how best to align him. Baun is a scheme-diverse linebacker with high-impact potential whose best days are ahead of him.
Strengths
  • Twitchy and explosive
  • Ill-tempered striking on display against Ohio State
  • Lateral slide quickness to close running lanes from backside
  • Rush zombie with good secondary rush motor
  • Quick hands to punch and play around blocks
  • Speed and athleticism to cover RBs and match up with TEs in space
  • Smooth drops and fluid hips amplify zone cover radius
  • Good tackle range with speed to go get them
  • Flexible and strong to maintain balance through contact
  • Proper sink and extension to set a solid edge
  • Agility and suddenness to expand his reach as open-field tackler