Me likes me some Pollard

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So you are trying to change the narrative of the subject so you do not have to admit that Pollard has better balance, speed and explosiveness than Zeke. Got it!

I acknowledged, all of your points. You've got nothing. I never denied his several abilities. My point is, that he's not better than Zeke, based off of one year of sporadic play.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I think that Zeke is a great player that needs to be utilized differently.
Hopefully McCarthy uses Zeke and Pollard in a way that gets the most out of both.
Zeke is a good recieving back out of the backfield and Pollard is too, and has the ability to motion into the slot and run routes like a reciever.
Both would be deadly on wheel routes and screens... Seriously, I think two back sets should almost work as the base offense.
Around 30-50% of the time, IMO.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I acknowledged, all of your points. You've got nothing. I never denied his several abilities. My point is, that he's not better than Zeke, based off of one year of sporadic play.
Ok so Pollard has better balance, speed and explosiveness. All I was saying is that when I see it on the field how can I logically not say I see a better skill set in Pollard when obviously I do. But Zeke is the best RB in the NFL.....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
nonsense. It was a wide range.

I eluded to it being widespread amongst the front office and the fans. It was widespread around the league that Emmitt was in decline and that Hanbrick appeared to be the better back based on his spot duty play. Practically every time he came in he broke a run. The line of scrimmage broke open for him every time he came in. It was like the parting of the Red Sea. Even on his good plays you could tell he had a little speed and no stamina. I lost track of how many times he stumbled to the turf without being touched. No one would be near him and he would run out of gas and stumble to the ground. I knew at the time he wouldn’t pan out as a starter but you couldn’t convince anyone on the old board we were on. I arrived on the old FWST board during the 2002 season. Wish I could dig up some of my old posts from that board. Look how tired Hambrick got on this long run. He looked like a linebacker running out of gas.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I eluded to it being widespread amongst the front office and the fans. It was widespread around the league that Emmitt was in decline and that Hanbrick appeared to be the better back based on his spot duty play. Practically every time he came in he broke a run. The line of scrimmage broke open for him every time he came in. It was like the parting of the Red Sea. Even on his good plays you could tell he had a little speed and no stamina. I lost track of how many times he stumbled to the turf without being touched. No one would be near him and he would run out of gas and stumble to the ground. I knew at the time he wouldn’t pan out as a starter but you couldn’t convince anyone on the old board we were on. I arrived on the old FWST board during the 2002 season. Wish I could dig up some of my old posts from that board. Look how tired Hambrick got on this long run. He looked like a linebacker running out of gas.

No, you just acted like you spoke for the entire fans base.

Hambrick was no different then the:

-Quincy Carter horror show
-The Garrett horror show
-The slow death of Emmitt horror show

At that time, the people that couldn't take it anymore were simply those of us that at the time, would have gotten behind ANYONE other than the incumbent............................JUST TO GET TO THE OTHER SIDE!!!!!!!

Do you recall the term..............ABC?

Anyone But Carter?

Most times it has NOTHING to do with who is better rather...............JUST GET HIM OUTTA HERE!!!!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No, you just acted like you spoke for the entire fans base.

I told you how the majority of the fan base felt. You’re just looking for an argument as usual. If you try and turn this into a personal attack it will be our last discussion!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You’re just looking for an argument as usual. If you try and turn this into a personal attack this will be our last discussion!

Ask me if I care what you do? LOL

Too funny..............................Please, please dont block me!!!!

Get lost!!!!!! :popcorn:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ask me if I care what you do? LOL

Too funny..............................Please, please dont block me!!!!

Get lost!!!!!! :popcorn:

Never seen anyone on this board enjoy acting like a 10-year-old as much as you do. Why don’t you log onto YouTube and search some old romper room classics to keep you entertained. :thumbup:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Never seen anyone on this board enjoy acting like a 10-year-old as much as you do. Why don’t you log onto YouTube and search some old romper room classics to keep you entertained. :thumbup:

When Im wrong, then let me know!!!!! :thumbup:

Javier

Reaction score
Just dont fumble the ball when the division title and the playoffs are on the line

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dear fellow fanzone freaks--- one bright spot from 2019 is Tony Pollard

enjoy

What a diamond in the rough kind of weapon Tony Pollard has turned out to be! Can't wait to see him this year. Would love to see him practicing out there with Dak, Zeke and Dez. Would also like to see Amari and Gallup out there too.

kskboys

Reaction score
What a diamond in the rough kind of weapon Tony Pollard has turned out to be! Can't wait to see him this year. Would love to see him practicing out there with Dak, Zeke and Dez. Would also like to see Amari and Gallup out there too.
Yeah, why can't we love both? I mean, both have been great players, fun to watch, and major weapons for MM to play w/.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Yeah, why can't we love both? I mean, both have been great players, fun to watch, and major weapons for MM to play w/.
There's plenty of reason to think both will get a high number of touches.
Getting both of these dudes on the field together would really open up the offense, especially the passing game. They should probably combine for 100+ receptions given both thrive in open space.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Ok so Pollard has better balance, speed and explosiveness. All I was saying is that when I see it on the field how can I logically not say I see a better skill set in Pollard when obviously I do. But Zeke is the best RB in the NFL.....
LOL. Only in quarantine. Otherwise he's 5th. :laugh:

3vsjpb.jpg

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Sarcasm, is not your best suit. No one mentioned, " best RB in the NFL". Take your biased, illogical opinions elsewhere. I also didn't say, " better skill set". You and others like you, get very defensive, when someone else's opinion differs from yours. You cannot logically say a rookie RB, with a limited amount of carries; is better than a RB, that has been doing it for a number of years. Or, maybe YOU can.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Sarcasm, is not your best suit. No one mentioned, " best RB in the NFL". Take your biased, illogical opinions elsewhere. I also didn't say, " better skill set". You and others like you, get very defensive, when someone else's opinion differs from yours. You cannot logically say a rookie RB, with a limited amount of carries; is better than a RB, that has been doing it for a number of years. Or, maybe YOU can.
lol sarcasm? At no point was I being sarcastic nor do I care if your opinion is different from yours. I only was explaining my point. Zeke IMO is the best RB in the NFL but my eyes tell me that Pollard is the more talented back.

Also most RBs come into the NFL in their prime. Zeke as good as I think he is right now is not as good as he was as a rookie and IMO that is a fact. Its why RBs typically don't get big contracts