Media Rumors about Cowboys are not Fact

Sydla

Reaction score
You have to chuckle at this thread, really.

Because really all this is, especially for many of the posters agreeing with the OP, is that this just isn't good news or rumors for the Cowboys, so it has to be false. But if the national media was running stories/rumors of things positive for the Cowboys, suddenly, those reports have a bit more validity.

It's clear as day.

The reality is that despite the protestations here, the national media actually gets a lot of things right - pro or negative for the Cowboys, or any team for that matter.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
I don’t sweat this kind of stuff, even when true. There’s one way you never have to worry about enormous contracts or holdouts ... have crappy players.

Dallas is out of practice, but this is part of being young and good. Beats the alternative.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t sweat this kind of stuff, even when true. There’s one way you never have to worry about enormous contracts or holdouts ... have crappy players.

Dallas is out of practice, but this is part of being young and good. Beats the alternative.

It also comes from a poor source, and has very convenient timing. This was leaked intentionally.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Does Elliott think the Cowboys aren’t going to offer him a 2nd contract and wants out now?

Maybe this thought would merit a thread on its own?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Because really all this is, especially for many of the posters agreeing with the OP, is that this just isn't good news or rumors for the Cowboys, so it has to be false. But if the national media was running stories/rumors of things positive for the Cowboys, suddenly, those reports have a bit more validity.

It's clear as day.

The reality is that despite the protestations here, the national media actually gets a lot of things right - pro or negative for the Cowboys, or any team for that matter.

You are just trying to create your own false narrative.

Where is the Dez video tape?

These national media guys were all involved in reporting or fanning the flames on that story.
  • Mike Florio
  • Adam Schefter
  • Ian Rapoport
It does not really matter if there was a video somewhere. It was reported without any proof.

I posted the same warnings about national media rumors when they made claims about the Cowboys and Earl Thomas.
  • Those claims would be considered positive by most Cowboys fans.
  • Nobody knows if the Cowboys really offered Seattle a pick for ET during the 2018 draft or what round the pick was if they did make the offer.
  • I again said beware of the national media when there were claims the Cowboys would sign Donkey Kong Suh or trade for the DT McCoy.
  • Those potential signings would also be considered positive by most Cowboys fans.

The National Media rumor issue is a completely different issue than PFF ranking players.
  • Obviously more people point out the negatives about PFF when they have negative rankings about Cowboys players.
  • I do NOT believe that you'll find many examples of the same poster exclaiming the greatness of PFF when the ranking is positive and then exclaiming that PFF is terrible when the ranking is negative.
  • The issue that PFF critics don't show up in droves in a thread about PFF ranking Cowboys player(s) highly is NOT proof of anything. They're just not emotionally motivated to post that PFF rankings are garbage.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
I would agree that most media stories are not fact, even when not NFL-related. They try to cause division among us to get us riled up, usually in an effort to gain somehow politically or financially. Don't believe the premise on which they ask questions even. That's how they mask their lies.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What else are we going to argue/discuss, aka argucuss into the ground?

I do find it interesting that he's let this sit out there and not addressed it to derail it.

If you were a reporter and needing some action, what other team would you even think of starting a rumor about?

Sydla

Reaction score
You are just trying to create your own false narrative.

Where is the Dez video tape?

These national media guys were all involved in reporting or fanning the flames on that story.
  • Mike Florio
  • Adam Schefter
  • Ian Rapoport
It does not really matter if there was a video somewhere. It was reported without any proof.

I posted the same warnings about national media rumors when they made claims about the Cowboys and Earl Thomas.
  • Those claims would be considered positive by most Cowboys fans.
  • Nobody knows if the Cowboys really offered Seattle a pick for ET during the 2018 draft or what round the pick was if they did make the offer.
  • I again said beware of the national media when there were claims the Cowboys would sign Donkey Kong Suh or trade for the DT McCoy.
  • Those potential signings would also be considered positive by most Cowboys fans.

The National Media rumor issue is a completely different issue than PFF ranking players.
  • Obviously more people point out the negatives about PFF when they have negative rankings about Cowboys players.
  • I do NOT believe that you'll find many examples of the same poster exclaiming the greatness of PFF when the ranking is positive and then exclaiming that PFF is terrible when the ranking is negative.
  • The issue that PFF critics don't show up in droves in a thread about PFF ranking Cowboys player(s) highly is NOT proof of anything. They're just not emotionally motivated to post that PFF rankings are garbage.

No one ever uttered the national media gets every story straight/accurate.

And what does PFF have to do with this? I never mentioned PFF here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What else are we going to argue/discuss, aka argucuss into the ground?

I do find it interesting that he's let this sit out there and not addressed it to derail it.

If you were a reporter and needing some action, what other team would you even think of starting a rumor about?
The more I think about it the more sense this rumor might be.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I would agree that most media stories are not fact, even when not NFL-related. They try to cause division among us to get us riled up, usually in an effort to gain somehow politically or financially. Don't believe the premise on which they ask questions even. That's how they mask their lies.
Right

We apparently have some fans who want to squash any opinion or narrative they don’t agree with. Lol

erod

Reaction score
Please quit believing and repeating rumors that have no supporting evidence.

The National Media loves to attach the Cowboys to stories as click-bait.

The fact that other media jump on the same rumor to discuss it, does NOT make the rumor valid.

The internet and social media can make it appear that a rumor has multiple sources confirming it;
however, most often a rumor has 1 source and many people just repeat it including other media.

There are many sports websites that literally just repeat news from other sources.

Sometimes they give credit to the original source but often they don't.

We've seen many times that a National Media source has an article "Calvin Hill of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports..."

Often it was just an Opinion by Calving Hill but they present it as if it's fact.

If Zeke is really going to hold-out, somebody in the local DFW media will find out and comment about it. At that point it might be worth discussing; however, the National Media reports literally mean nothing.

The local reporters need to maintain a level of professionalism because they must have some amount of access to the local teams they cover in order to do their jobs.

The National Media often has no downside to telling completely fabricated stories.
(Darth Vader voice) This...is CNN.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one ever uttered the national media gets every story straight/accurate.

And what does PFF have to do with this? I never mentioned PFF here.

The issue is that many of those nation media guys have zero incentive to be accurate.

Was my PFF example really that complicated?

You said that posters call bad news false and good news true from the same national media sources.

That exact sentiment almost always comes up in discussions where PFF (or other rankings) are involved.

If anybody criticizes PFF, someone inevitably posts that the criticism is only because the critics don't like the message.

Maybe you thought your concept that posters only criticize the source if it's bad news was original...

coult44

Reaction score
I love receiving that phone call. I torture them LOL I made them think I am so full of worried and nervous, and at the last moment to say you know what. I never received my letter send that first. Click they disappear

They hate me and are afraid for their families life when I get off the phone with them

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

It's clear as day.

1,000%

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Please quit believing and repeating rumors that have no supporting evidence.

The National Media loves to attach the Cowboys to stories as click-bait.

The fact that other media jump on the same rumor to discuss it, does NOT make the rumor valid.

The internet and social media can make it appear that a rumor has multiple sources confirming it;
however, most often a rumor has 1 source and many people just repeat it including other media.

There are many sports websites that literally just repeat news from other sources.

Sometimes they give credit to the original source but often they don't.

We've seen many times that a National Media source has an article "Calvin Hill of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports..."

Often it was just an Opinion by Calving Hill but they present it as if it's fact.

If Zeke is really going to hold-out, somebody in the local DFW media will find out and comment about it. At that point it might be worth discussing; however, the National Media reports literally mean nothing.

The local reporters need to maintain a level of professionalism because they must have some amount of access to the local teams they cover in order to do their jobs.

The National Media often has no downside to telling completely fabricated stories.
This post should be pinned

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right

We apparently have some fans who want to squash any opinion or narrative they don’t agree with. Lol

You are attempting to "squash opinions" that don't agree with your opinion about the topic of this thread.

The pot calling the kettle black.
Phrase used to describe a person who is guilty of the very thing of which they accuse another and is thus an example of psychological projection.

Psychological Projection
A defense mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.