Medical Insurance Rates

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In 2018 I had surgery to fix a deviated septum.
In 2019 I had surgery to remove a cataract and insert a corrective lens.
I have had numerous blood tests, scans and other various tests.

I have paid ZERO for any of those.

I only pay $9.00 for any prescriptions.

I have heard horror stories from people going to the VA in other states and facilities but I have to say that that clinic and facility in Parkersburg WV and Clarksburg WV have been very good to me.
Thankfully I have not had to go to the ER in the Clarksburg facility as there seems to be some nutcase giving people overdoses of insulin and killing them.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m fixing to do the same..

It’s cheaper to pay an Un-Constitutional Fraudulent Tax Extortion Penalty than it is to pay these fraudulent premiums!!!!

HR is still ducking me....:mad:
All it takes is one tumble down a flight of stairs, or a tiny little kidney stone to make you wish you still had insurance. Try to find something better on your own before deciding to go without.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
You realise the post you're replying to says at point of service?

That’s the equivalent of saying I have a zero dollar deductible but in reality 60-70% of my paycheck goes to the govt. Or is it 85%? Free:rolleyes:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I have heard horror stories from people going to the VA in other states and facilities but I have to say that that clinic and facility in Parkersburg WV and Clarksburg WV have been very good to me.
Thankfully I have not had to go to the ER in the Clarksburg facility as there seems to be some nutcase giving people overdoses of insulin and killing them.
The VA has gotten much better since the 1st Gulf war.

HungryLion

Reaction score
And on the flip side of that, I got my truck totaled by a kid who ran a stop sign. His insurance company declared that they couldn't see that it was his fault.

Yes. These things happen too. A lot depends on the people working for the insurance company. The people processing claims and doing the investigating are humans too. With their own opinions and personal biases that also play into their decision making (though they should always strive for objectivity).

Then again, thats why it’s important for you to have insurance. So when that happens your insurance company can fight on your behalf over who is liable to pay. Rather than getting stuck hiring a lawyer and taking it to court yourself.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
My HR dept is still ducking me. I sent a follow up email today. Blue Cross is still telling me to confer with my HR dept.:facepalm::facepalm:

I’m stuck in an endless loop of insurance fraud.. It’s the Matrix....:lmao2:

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
That’s the equivalent of saying I have a zero dollar deductible but in reality 60-70% of my paycheck goes to the govt. Or is it 85%? Free:rolleyes:
You think 85% of your wage goes in tax in order to have NHS?

You pay no tax on the first £13k
20% from that to around £40k
40% on anything above that.
So if you earn £40k you take home around £35k

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score

Apologies, forgot National Insurance 12% on anything between £160 and £960 a week. Takes your 40k salary to around 31k. Certainly not upwards of 60% going to the government

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

Are u trying to tell me you only pay 11% of your wages in taxes?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Apologies, forgot National Insurance 12% on anything between £160 and £960 a week. Takes your 40k salary to around 31k. Certainly not upwards of 60% going to the government

13% of your wages goes to taxes?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Update Insurance Issue Resolved:

I’m mathematically challenged, failed college algebra 7 times, found out at 40 that I have math dyslexia. I flip numbers sometimes.

Anyways I asked my Supervisor what was up with HR blowing me off, apparently it happens a lot with new hires 2-3 months later.

They add the $300 to my Gross but it’s confusing with the columns on the left. I kept looking at the wrong thing.

Long story short, I only pay around $50.46 Bi-Weekly....:facepalm:

I’m the latest at work to walk around with a Kick me sign on my back...:lmao:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

When I lived in Idaho, my roommate was ex military with VA benefits. They did a great job for his medical, but maybe not as well with his mental health treatment. They had really high turnover and so they kept changing his therapist something like every 6 months, so he had no consistency. He was looking into signing up for something I think they called Tricore where he could seek mental health treatment outside the VA, but the VA would pay for it. He needed that because when he served, he had seen people get shot and blown up right in front of him and it messed up his mind. But the medical benefits were great. He needed a nose operation because it was all trashed due to the war he fought in and he was in danger of dying. I drove him in for his operation and they did it and he was able to come home that same day. The whole thing was covered.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
All it takes is one tumble down a flight of stairs, or a tiny little kidney stone to make you wish you still had insurance. Try to find something better on your own before deciding to go without.

Nah, I fractured my ankle and leg and it cost me less than $2k for the emergency room visit, and all the followup visits with an Orthopedic doctor.

Everyone gives you huge discounts for paying cash as well.

The sad part is, a female friend of mine who had insurance and fractured her leg ended up paying around $2500 for similar care because of her deductibles and the markup on everything when you use insurance.