Medical Insurance Rates

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
It’s not unconstitutional. We are forced to pay for stuff all the time.

A $662 per month premium sounds much closer to what it should be for one 45 year old.

I did a search on the market place and there’s 3 pg’s of Insurance for half what I pay. Also my company is supposed to pay half, it’s clearly an accounting payroll error.

Taxation is theft and so is being forced to pay for stuff, same thing...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Digging thru my files I found a breakdown of my Insurance rates.

Employee Bi-Weekly
$332.74

Employer Bi-Weekly Contribution
$300.00

So based on that we’re led to believe my monthly Premium is over $1,260.

45 years old, zero dependents, no pre-existing conditions, $6,000.00 Deductible.

I asked my HR dept what is actually paid monthly on my behalf. She said $332.74 Bi-Weekly. I repeated the question, what is the total monthly premium. She said $332.74 Bi-Weekly. I asked her a third time, she gave the same answer.

She never said my company was paying an additional $300 Bi-Weekly in my behalf...

Busted!!!!

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Update:

I went to HR today and she said I’m supposed to be getting $300 of the $660 per month. It’s listed on the pay stub but when adding up the numbers it’s not being credited.

She said she’s going to have to look into this. I get the sense she is stalling. I asked her multiple times, what is my actual monthly premium to which she replied, it’s the $331.74 X 2.

I also emailed Blue Cross thru the member profile the same question. They replied to check with my HR dept.:facepalm:

I hate being forced to pay for something. It’s Un-Constitutional!!!!

I’m going to shop around like @Reverend Conehead suggested.

Healthcare.gov

I hate when you go in for some medical procedure and you ask how much it's going to cost, and no can can tell you! Then more than one bill shows up and you don't know what is what or even if the bills are legitimate. IMO if you're responsible for paying for something, you kind of have the right to know what it will cost. Silly me. I'm just a little picky.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Digging thru my files I found a breakdown of my Insurance rates.

Employee Bi-Weekly
$332.74

Employer Bi-Weekly Contribution
$300.00

So based on that we’re led to believe my monthly Premium is over $1,260.

45 years old, zero dependents, no pre-existing conditions, $6,000.00 Deductible.

I asked my HR dept what is actually paid monthly on my behalf. She said $332.74 Bi-Weekly. I repeated the question, what is the total monthly premium. She said $332.74 Bi-Weekly. I asked her a third time, she gave the same answer.

She never said my company was paying an additional $300 Bi-Weekly in my behalf...

Busted!!!!

17k a year seems a little high for single coverage but pretty close to family from what I've read the averages are. Guess it could be your company doesn't have a very good policy.

John813

Reaction score
My office pays 100% of the monthly premium($1000+ family plan)* but it's a 5k/10k deductible. And this will be the 4th year in a row I reach the 5k out of pocket ded.

*Pay is competitive too.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
My office pays 100% of the monthly premium($1000+ family plan)* but it's a 5k/10k deductible. And this will be the 4th year in a row I reach the 5k out of pocket ded.

*Pay is competitive too.
If you're ded, how are you still posting?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I hate when you go in for some medical procedure and you ask how much it's going to cost, and no can can tell you! Then more than one bill shows up and you don't know what is what or even if the bills are legitimate. IMO if you're responsible for paying for something, you kind of have the right to know what it will cost. Silly me. I'm just a little picky.

It’s fraud...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
17k a year seems a little high for single coverage but pretty close to family from what I've read the averages are. Guess it could be your company doesn't have a very good policy.

A little huh? Don’t forget $3,000 deductible..

HR still hasn’t gotten back to me....

DanteEXT

Reaction score
A little huh? Don’t forget $3,000 deductible..

HR still hasn’t gotten back to me....

I couldn't find anything recent but I think single average was about 6k a few years ago. One more recent article had family at 20k a year. So maybe it's more than a little.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I couldn't find anything recent but I think single average was about 6k a few years ago. One more recent article had family at 20k a year. So maybe it's more than a little.

Wow from 6k to 16K, that’s a huge jump...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
New Update:

HR still hasn’t gotten back to me but one of my coworkers was gracious enough to show me their paycheck. It’s now confirmed, my employer is not giving me the $300 back for my premium despite listing the allowance on the check stub.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I paid $2000 out of pocket for a surgery (the gallbladder surgery) that was $15,000 for the insurance company, after they negotiated the cost.

One of the big reasons medical costs, and therefore insurance costs, are so high is because of all the people who don't pay their medical bills. There are people who know that hospitals can't refuse to treat them. and know they can legally send them just $5/mo, which is less than it costs to process the payment. Eventually the hospital or doctor decides it isn't worth it and forgives the debt.

Reimbursement rates are already negotiated, and they're nothing close to what they claim to be. That's the scam. Patient's don't know what they should pay, don't have any idea what their policy writer actually pays, and have zero bargaining power in the matter.

Billed amount is not reimbursed amount. When the bill says, "insurance covered", they actually mean the amount you would be billed without insurance....not the amount the insurance provider actually handed over.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reimbursement rates are already negotiated, and they're nothing close to what they claim to be. That's the scam. Patient's don't know what they should pay, don't have any idea what their policy writer actually pays, and have zero bargaining power in the matter.

Billed amount is not reimbursed amount. When the bill says, "insurance covered", they actually mean the amount you would be billed without insurance....not the amount the insurance provider actually handed over.

This.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

Case in point. I've been sending messages to Blue Cross thru my member profile and they refuse to confirm or deny what my premium is. They keep saying check with my hr dept despite me telling them I've lost confidence and trust in my hr dept and asking for a Supervisor to respond to me.

Insurance is a scam....

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I canceled mine last year when it went up to $454 a month with a $7500 deductible.

That isn't health insurance as far as I am concerned, it is a tax on healthy people. Probably buy it again in 5 years when I turn 50.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I'm saying they negotiated with the hospital to get their own cost down, not mine. I would have paid the same amount no matter what the cost was.... unless it went over the covered amount, of course.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I canceled mine last year when it went up to $454 a month with a $7500 deductible.

That isn't health insurance as far as I am concerned, it is a tax on healthy people. Probably buy it again in 5 years when I turn 50.

I’m fixing to do the same..

It’s cheaper to pay an Un-Constitutional Fraudulent Tax Extortion Penalty than it is to pay these fraudulent premiums!!!!

HR is still ducking me....:mad: