Meet the craziest athlete in NFL history (Read Post 22 Before Posting)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not going to dispute him.

He is one of the all time greatest athletes.

He has earned the right to make crazy claims about his workouts.

He outweighed Ron Brown by 45 pounds and Ron Brown was later an Olympic Gold Metal winner in track.

I would like to see a footrace between 50 something Herschel Walker and Zeke...
That would be interesting. It'd be a no win situation for Zeke, unless he set a personal time record, but it would be fun to watch.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Herschel is an all-time great athlete. He had a screen pass for a touchdown his first game as a Cowboy, I believe we were playing LT’s Giants, that after watching had me, as a stupid, optimistic child, proclaiming Walker the “greatest player ever” lol. I still think Bo is probably the greatest athlete I’ve seen in an NFL uniform though. The combination of size, speed, agility, and strength he brought to the table was absolutely other worldly. Walker is certainly in that conversation though.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
If you want to expand this conversation, I think Wilt Chamberlain was the greatest athlete in the history of humans.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Deion wouldn't even attempt to tackle him, so he's out. You could make an argument for Bo, but why?
What does tackling have to do with being the best athlete? Deion was much faster, better hand eye, and moved better laterally. Herschel was overrated.
Jim Brown was probably a better athlete too.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Herschel is an all-time great athlete. He had a screen pass for a touchdown his first game as a Cowboy, I believe we were playing LT’s Giants, that after watching had me, as a stupid, optimistic child, proclaiming Walker the “greatest player ever” lol. I still think Bo is probably the greatest athlete I’ve seen in an NFL uniform though. The combination of size, speed, agility, and strength he brought to the table was absolutely other worldly. Walker is certainly in that conversation though.
i remember that game well.
Herschel scored 2 TDs that night.

cowboyec

Reaction score
as a kid...Herschel was like Elvis in shoulder pads...larger than life.
with Too Tall,Randy White and Everson Walls on defense...they were super heroes to me.
great players...and really nice people.
wrote'm all....got cool responses.
didn't have to do that for a nobody kid...but they did.
i miss those days even tho those teams weren't as successful.

cowboyec

Reaction score
under Coach Landry,Herschel had some solid numbers.
721 carries for 3142yds 24TDs
189 receptions for 2057yds 5TDs
5199 all-purpose yds 29TDs

the only thing he didn't do under Coach was return kicks.

still love his olinemen he ran behind...OTs Mark Tuinei Kevin Gogan...OGs Nate Newton Crawford Ker and at C my favorite...Tom Rafferty.

cowboyec

Reaction score
one of his best individual performances was vs philly on dec 14,1986.
122 yds rushing
170 yds receiving
and scored 2 TDs that day...84yd run...and an 84yd reception.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
My college roommate dusted Herschel Walker in a 100 meter race.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What does tackling have to do with being the best athlete? Deion was much faster, better hand eye, and moved better laterally. Herschel was overrated.
Jim Brown was probably a better athlete too.
Speed and hand/eye coordination are far from the only criteria for athleticism. Put another 20 lbs. on Deion and see how fast he is. Power is another measure of athleticism, and Herschel would blow through Deion like he wasn't even there, if Deion even had the guts to try to stand in his way. That's what tackling has to do with it. Calling Herschel overrated is subjective, dependent upon whose opinion you're talking about.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
If you want to expand this conversation, I think Wilt Chamberlain was the greatest athlete in the history of humans.
While I think Wilt was great. He dominated a bunch of skinny white guys lol I doubt Wilt could do anything else but dribble and dunk.
Greatest is reserved for those who could excel at anything they tried
JMHO

Nexx

Reaction score
he's the reason I started watching NFL football and I have been a Cowboy's fan ever since.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
While I think Wilt was great. He dominated a bunch of skinny white guys lol I doubt Wilt could do anything else but dribble and dunk.
Greatest is reserved for those who could excel at anything they tried
JMHO
Dude you clearly don’t know anything about Wilt.

He ran a 4.5 forty at close to 300 pounds.

He benched pressed 500 pounds and at age 60 could still press 450.

He had a 48” vertical and he was 7’1” with one of the longest wingspans in NBA history( and still able to press 500 pounds lol)

There is a mythic legend about Wilt on the film set for Conan the Destroyer regarding Arnold that after working out with him at the beginning of filming, Arnold refused to do so anymore because Wilt was out-lifting him and embarrassing him.

Wilt could do anything he damn well wanted athletically and he would have excelled at whatever athletic venture he tried. For instance, he would be a freak show TE in today’s NFL.

Wilt Chamberlain was an absolute athletic freak show of a human being.

Last edited: