Meet the craziest athlete in NFL history (Read Post 22 Before Posting)

garyo1954

Reaction score
let's see........uh......hmmmm Adam "Pacman" Jones comes to mind.....In 2005, Adam was arrested for assault and vandalism at a night club. In 2006, Jones was arrested for marijuana. During the arrest he assaulted two of the cops. In 2006, Adam was involved in a gun fight outside of a gas station in Nashville. Later in 2006, he was arrested for disorderly conduct and public intoxication. Again in 2006, he was arrested for spitting on a girl at a night club. His most famous incident involves "making it rain" nearly $81,000 dollars at strip club. That night he also slammed the stripper's head into the stage. Later that evening his posse would return and shoot the place up resulting in paralysis for one of the victims.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Dude you clearly don’t know anything about Wilt.

He ran a 4.5 forty at close to 300 pounds.

He benched pressed 500 pounds and at age 60 could still press 450.

He had a 48” vertical and he was 7’1” with one of the longest wingspans in NBA history( and still able to press 500 pounds lol)

There is a mythic legend about Wilt on the film set for Conan the Destroyer regarding Arnold that after working out with him at the beginning of filming, Arnold refused to do so anymore because Wilt was out-lifting him and embarrassing him.

Wilt could do anything he damn well wanted athletically and he would have excelled at whatever athletic venture he tried. For instance, he would be a freak show TE in today’s NFL.

Wilt Chamberlain was an absolute athletic freak show of a human being.
Verify these amazing stats please. Or should we just accept you on your mancrush word.
no doubt Wilt was a great basketball player but greatest athlete ever . I have my doubts

garyo1954

Reaction score
Verify these amazing stats please. Or should we just accept you on your mancrush word.
no doubt Wilt was a great basketball player but greatest athlete ever . I have my doubts

Most is rumor and legend. Wilt once told the story of killing a mountain lion barehanded after a game in Arizona.
Arnold has been quoted as saying Wilt could lift 500 pounds.
And there is the rumor he once outran Jim Brown in footrace at a party in 1960......

Depends on how much you believe to be legend, rumor and fact.....

https://leaguealertsofficial.com/20...lt as one of,a max of 500 pounds on the bench.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Lmao just Google it newb

JFC it’s called the internet

holy ish you’re slow on the uptake aren’t you?

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Most is rumor and legend. Wilt once told the story of killing a mountain lion barehanded after a game in Arizona.
And there is the rumor he once outran Jim Brown in footrace at a party in 1960......

https://leaguealertsofficial.com/2020/05/19/4-crazy-stories-that-you-did-not-know-about-wilt-chamberlain/#:~:text=You may think of Wilt as one of,a max of 500 pounds on the bench.

A lot of anecdotal evidence for sure. Hard for a guy with an armlength that great would lift that much. Benching is very hard with long arms. He only weighed 280 maybe. That weight distributed over 7'2" would limit his chest strength immensely. Some stronman competitors who train for that stuff dont lift a whole lot more in the bench

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score

https://leaguealertsofficial.com/2020/05/19/4-crazy-stories-that-you-did-not-know-about-wilt-chamberlain/#:~:text=You may think of Wilt as one of,a max of 500 pounds on the bench.

I
Wilt was the worst free throw shooter in the nba. But he claimed 40,000 sexual relations with women. Makes my 30,000 seem like small potatoes.
He was a terrible free throw shooter indeed. The Achilles heel marring his athletic perfection lol

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Lmao just Google it newb

JFC it’s called the internet

holy ish you’re slow on the uptake aren’t you?
You can swallow what you like on any site you google . No need to get yer panties in a bunch and be insulting.

Strictly anecdotal myth. Probably handheld timers.

Again, no need to be insulting with the ad hominems

garyo1954

Reaction score
A lot of anecdotal evidence for sure. Hard for a guy with an armlength that great would lift that much. Benching is very hard with long arms. He only weighed 280 maybe. That weight distributed over 7'2" would limit his chest strength immensely. Some stronman competitors who train for that stuff dont lift a whole lot more in the bench

A lot of it is his word......
Yes, I slept with 20,000 women
Yes, I killed a mountain lion barehanded.
How do you prove that?
I take it with a grain of salt.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score

His bench press has been verified by multiple witnesses.

Multiple..

Including benching 450 at 60

Of course you can think he’s an unathletic clod because he played against a bunch of “skinny white guys”, whatever the hell that means, and completely ignore his vertical (highest recorded in NBA history to my knowledge) , his height, his wingspan, his immense inhuman natural strength, his blazing speed for a man almost 300 pounds, and the absurd wing span he had lol.

If it wasn’t for all that he wouldn’t be ish!!

lmao

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
His bench press has been verified by multiple witnesses.

Multiple..

Including benching 450 at 60

Of course you can think he’s an unathletic clod because he played against a bunch of “skinny white guys”, whatever the hell that means, and completely ignore his vertical (highest recorded in NBA history to my knowledge) , his height, his wingspan, his immense inhuman natural strength, his blazing speed for a man almost 300 pounds, and the absurd wing span he had lol.

If it wasn’t for all that he wouldn’t be ish!!

lmao
Blazing speed? Verified by whom? Handheld devices. I could run a 4.80. lol

And these witnesses, who are they and how can we trust the veracity of their claims. They may be infatuated with Wilt as you are and make outlandish claims that cannot be verified 60 years later.

And a 48 inch vertical , c'mon man. His head would be over the backboard lol

Look, Im not trying to be disrepectful of you or Wilt or the claims by onlookers but color me doubtful

I happen to disagree that he is the greatest ever athlete. I cant change the fact that we disagree. We just do.

Stay cool.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Blazing speed? Verified by whom? Handheld devices. I could run a 4.80. lol

And these witnesses, who are they and how can we trust the veracity of their claims. They may be infatuated with Wilt as you are and make outlandish claims that cannot be verified 60 years later.

And a 48 inch vertical , c'mon man. His head would be over the backboard lol

Look, Im not trying to be disrepectful of you or Wilt or the claims by onlookers but color me doubtful

I happen to disagree that he is the greatest ever athlete. I cant change the fact that we disagree. We just do.

Stay cool.

Lol yeah sure. The witnesses are only the teammates he played with and worked out with and trained with every day of his career.

If any of these athletic accomplishments were not legit someone would have said something.

Instead they just get verified over and over and over by every teammate he played with. At some point, anecdotal evidence can, and does, take on empirical value as long as we aren’t talking about alien abductions, NDEs or other horse ish like that.

But go ahead and be doubtful.

and there is a video where you can see Wilt’s head glide to the top of back board.

go ahead and Google it lol. The angle doesn’t give you a perfect view but in the video you can clearly see the man had insane jumping ability at 7’1” with one of the longest wingspans in human history

Last edited:

garyo1954

Reaction score
Wilt wasn't dumb. He once considered a fight with ali, but came to his senses and passed. Smart move.

This match couldn't have ended well, right? A fight between one of the tallest professional athletes at the time and one of the greatest boxers ever known sounds great on paper, but it would have been a disaster. This almost-fight was going to happen after Ali returned from his three-year exile and needed some cash, but it never occurred because during a press conference for the BOOKED MATCH that was set to take place on July 26, 1971, at the Houston Astrodome, Ali answered ever question with the word, "Timbeeeeer." After a few minutes of this, Chamberlain left the press conference, spoke with his lawyers, and called the match off.

Same place this came from you can see the pic measuring his arm span, tip to tip, at 92 inches....

And other odd facts......

https://www.ranker.com/list/weird-wilt-chamberlain-stories/jacob-shelton

Of course he never played in the NFL like Danny Noonan, who by his second season he was considered the Cowboys strongest player, being able to bench press 505 pounds. Rumors circulated at that time Noonan, a workout nut, could lift the universal gym.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Wilt wasn't dumb. He once considered a fight with ali, but came to his senses and passed. Smart move.
Didn’t Cus D’Amato volunteer to train him? I’m going to go off memory here instead of googling. I think D’Amato thought Wilt had a chance to win the fight but time constraints and conflicts with Wilt’s schedule limited the amount of time Wilt could commit to training for the fight and it wasn’t enough to prepare for the GOAT.

Speaking of Ali, it’s a three way tie between him, Emmitt, and MJ for me as my favorite athlete of all time.

Last edited: