***Mega Merge Dak is not a elite QB thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

morat1959

Reaction score
he can't read defenses unless they are set when he walks up to the line. combine that with pressure and his fear and you get what you got today.
He’s always been average! Just because he wears the star doesn’t make him a great QB.
he can't read defenses unless they are set when he walks up to the line. combine that with pressure and his fear and you get what you got today.[

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Nope try again... Dak was the #1 ranked qb against the blitz before today. What else you got for us?
nine points genius.. what more do you need. slow reader and panic easily. The scouting report said he needs to speed up his reads in the NFL. well, that hasn't happened, that's why he needs a perfect offensive line.. duh.

morat1959

Reaction score
nine points genius.. what more do you need. slow reader and panic easily. The scouting report said he needs to speed up his reads in the NFL. well, that hasn't happened, that's why he needs a perfect offensive line.. duh.
You can’t carry on a conversation with the Dak homers. They’ll still be defending him 10 years in when we haven’t won squat!

Ren

Reaction score
7 good games, 2 bad and in those 2 game the OL was a dumpster fire. Not saying Dak played well but no QB would look good behind our line today

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
So your saying qb's don't need to speed up thier reads while being blitzed? How do you think Dak was #1 against the blitz?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sorry this is not just a reaction to this game i have said it from a long time ago and i think my reason is correct so please respond to my reason and not just the title.

i believe a franchise qb have to be able to elevate the play of every one around him and dak does not do that at all. he is 100% relyant on every thing around him being perfect and all of the odd stacked in his favor.

here is the newsflash and scary thing. it will not get any better. it will get worse and harder now that dak will eat a huge chunk of cap. dak will have to be the one to do the heavy lifting and he have shown ZERO ability to do that.

that is my point and worry with dak....am i wrong? a franchise qb HAVE to be able to elevate every one around him and dak is the opposite.
Lol!

khiladi

Reaction score
How did Mahomes look in the Super Bowl when his offensive line got dominated? It’s very simplistic to point to the quarterback, when every coach in the world knows it starts and ends with offensive and defensive line play.

The difference is, Mahomes hasn’t had the quality of OL and RG play Dak has had for YEARS…. If it isn’t all-pro line play, he looks mediocre consistently. Mahomes has NEVER had an OL and RG like Dak period, which is why even our defense was playing heavy cover 2 against Mahomes.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sorry this is not just a reaction to this game i have said it from a long time ago and i think my reason is correct so please respond to my reason and not just the title.

i believe a franchise qb have to be able to elevate the play of every one around him and dak does not do that at all. he is 100% relyant on every thing around him being perfect and all of the odd stacked in his favor.

here is the newsflash and scary thing. it will not get any better. it will get worse and harder now that dak will eat a huge chunk of cap. dak will have to be the one to do the heavy lifting and he have shown ZERO ability to do that.

that is my point and worry with dak....am i wrong? a franchise qb HAVE to be able to elevate every one around him and dak is the opposite.
Did a Rodgers win today?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I think we should cut him. :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

khiladi

Reaction score
So your saying qb's don't need to speed up thier reads while being blitzed? How do you think Dak was #1 against the blitz?

Because he had Smith, Martin and Collins, as well as Frederick stifling the blitz. He was the number 1 ranked passer against the blitz even in 2017, which was arguably his trashiest season. You think he was ‘speeding up his reads’ in 2017?

Plus, blitzes aren’t necessarily an indicator of pressure but desperation by a defense, because desperate teams may be doing when they don’t get pressure at all, meaning it’s a worn out defense being man handled by the front five, trying to make something happen exposing their backfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.